Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 162 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon.... (Read 390599 times)
sako
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon....
Reply #2340 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 5:36am
Print Post  
Looking for a freight tonite. Stick to manual and leave all the Artifical Intelligence stuff to you.The only robot we got is that it is robot reliable on manual.All good. Wink

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2341 - Feb 1st, 2019 at 7:51am
Print Post  
You'd have to a baby boomer Sako !!!  Next thing you'll be trying to tell us you actually shoot without infrared night vision optics, thermal imagers, or the new instant longrange DNA detection optic for superior species identification !!!

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2342 - Feb 4th, 2019 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Sako, Ruger - can you pm me your postal details.  When these new Maxtoch samples arrive we'll test them out, then can send them out to you gentlemen for added field testing and comments.  Cheers Mike

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2343 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 1:19am
Print Post  
To all the haters of Waitangi Day we believe the chinese community are an integral part of our social fabric and undoubtedly make a huge contribution. We witnessed our Chinese whanau Mr Maxi last night into 2.30am this morning helping with community relationships. Grin No complaining about the strong wind ,working hard to locate a protected gully and not yelling at the 3 looking at us.Unfortunately they had to witness the shooter struggling up the hill with the freight on his back. Payback for keeping the men waiting while he finished the business with the new arm candy." I am too shagged to do this mate" Who cares ,keep walking. Grin Absolutely magnificent penetration with the M24. It shone for miles in the dark.Missed a huge stag well over 200 so the converstaion was a bit muted on the long drive home. All good.

IP Logged

Grizz
Just Joined

Reply #2344 - Feb 11th, 2019 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Hi,
Mudgripz, Gadgetman or Robo...
Is the Archer M1 that Maxtoch is currently selling the new upgraded one?
I see they claim 800mt range.
MAXTOCH Archer M1 800 meters Shoter Version Shooter 2X SST-40-W P2 LED One 18650
Thanks for any enlightenment.....

IP Logged

robo819

Reply #2345 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Grizz wrote on Feb 11th, 2019 at 3:55pm:
Hi,
Mudgripz, Gadgetman or Robo...
Is the Archer M1 that Maxtoch is currently selling the new upgraded one?
I see they claim 800mt range.
MAXTOCH Archer M1 800 meters Shoter Version Shooter 2X SST-40-W P2 LED One 18650
Thanks for any enlightenment.....

Maxtoch has only made 1 version of the M1 Archer that I am aware of. My Youtube review of you would like to look it over.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIqBSQfNFrw

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2346 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 8:19am
Print Post  
Yep - there is an altered M1 sample coming for testing shortly but unsure of specs. Not in production yet I think..

M1 Archer is a fine wee light but runs hot - too hot after 10-12 minutes for hunters to hold continuously. Could be good for intermittent use scope mounted on the 22.

The 'upgrade' is to the Maxtoch 2X and is called the X Pro. Will have sample of that here shortly also - want to be very clear it is actually an upgrade to the 2X beam. Just hold on a bit Grizz - will comment on M1 sample and new X Pro as soon as they are tested. Due here now...

IP Logged

Grizz
Just Joined

Reply #2347 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Thanks for the replies,
Robo I had looked at your review already, very helpful thanks.
Mudgripz, I have a 2X and the current version Sniper M24 already and was looking to the Archer for a fairly specific use/purpose.
I have ordered one so will see how it works out.
Thanks again.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2348 - Feb 12th, 2019 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Yes Archer is a nice wee unit. I wouldn't use it in place of the M24/2X as a handheld but its ideally suited for intermittent use. 

Received the PM Grizz - some very good thoughts there.  Will have a chat to gadget. IR and thermals seem to be a strong direction - at least for pest control people.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2349 - Feb 15th, 2019 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Initial testing started on new Maxtoch samples - X Pro (poss replacement for 2X), new LR headlamp, and reconfigged M1 Archer. 

Xpro very powerful with output over 450,000 lux and range about 1400 meters.  New LR headlamp prototype passed heating test, nice little design, 530 meter range, and trick new switch (which needs bit more work. Little M1 Archer sample is detuned to about 580 meter range from initial 800, but no more overheating issues. Nice little unit.

Out shooting tonight with gadgetman where we'll field test these lights and compare notes. Then they're off to some site guys here for further field testing and reviews..

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2350 - Feb 18th, 2019 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Shooting cancelled last weekend so no progress on maxtoch prototype testing. Will get out again in next week or two, then get gear out to guys for further field testing.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2351 - Feb 18th, 2019 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Lotsa moon up here at present. Dont you get any down there?

IP Logged

Rugersst
Forum Font

Victory is mine...

Reply #2352 - Feb 22nd, 2019 at 2:26am
Print Post  
For anyone interested in a wicked torch mount very impressed with this one I purchased.
Has windage and vertical adjustments, found the original I had the beam was vertically focused off centre can get it dead centre with this.

AU $23.08 | Jiguoor 25.4mm Ring Tactical Laser Sight Flashlight Rifle Scope Mount Adjustable Elevation Windage for 20mm Rail System
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/g0YfZQp

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2353 - Feb 24th, 2019 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Tested out the new Maxtoch protypes - the XPro, the 530 meter LR headlamp, and M1 Archer friday night. All performed well and I thought the new headlamp prototype is a star.  Weighs 200gms so its solid but loved the range on it. Scan paddocks with it.

XPro has excellent beam and 30% more light on target than the 2X ... but ....its alot heavier. Better package? We'll see. M1 Archer a neat little torch I want for my truck - but its also got 560m or so range so ideal sitting on a 22.

Next stage of testing needed now so headlamp off to 4Boars, Archer to Rugerman, and X Pro to Sako. I've got clear views on all of these new torch prototypes now, and will see what the boys come up with before giving my view.

In the post shortly... And no you buggers you can't keep them..need them back in a couple of weeks  Grin

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2354 - Feb 24th, 2019 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
Can test it next 2 weekends. Keen to see how it performs on new moon.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 162
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards