Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon.... (Read 362250 times)
mudgripz
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon....
Reply #2295 - Oct 14th, 2018 at 8:42am
Print Post  
Newest 2X has more advanced circuit board but very little difference out front between 2X of three years ago and latest model. Not such that you'd pick it up with naked eye. All running around 360-400,000 lux.  Doesn't matter which one you have. M24s are lighter, smaller head, and run around 310,000 lux - but again I'm happy using either 2X or M24 as both do night shooting job very well.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2296 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Working on two new hunting Maxtochs is progressing - they are not substitutes for the M24 and 2X torches. One is the LR500 long range headlamp - looking quite promising. Its a small unit - much lighter than the Boruit B10 we're using at the moment and with greater range.

The other project I can't talk about at the mo but its design is also progressing ok and its into testing.....  Again we want both to be best in the planet for their hunter job so they take a bit of time  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

dribbler

Reply #2297 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 10:51am
Print Post  
sako will have a bit of extra saliva in the mouth from that news. Smiley

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2298 - Oct 18th, 2018 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Nah we are still into boring grannyville super reliable old fashioned toys. Grin The Hunting Aotearoa episode at Raurimu was informative but still like seeing the neon golfballs. The 540 in action tomorrow as we edge closer to paradise for inland marlin in January before spooking hopefully a few fatties when superman arrives from north at about 11pm.Bad addiction to Nespresso coffee.Lock n load the maxi. Yahoo.  How childish. Grin

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2299 - Oct 19th, 2018 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Listen mate - at your age its good to be childish!!!  I know. I just did a skydive, and love driving sportscars way too much. Legally of course.  Roll Eyes

New maxi designs could still be a while but should be worth it..

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2300 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 1:35pm
Print Post  
Dry run. Saw 2 but they were not staying around. Quite strong gusts in different locations. Lotsa walking. Tired. Out this avo doing strange things....daylight hunt.LOL.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2301 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Mate reckons we got nailed by Creedence Clearwater Revival......bad moon rising.  Grin

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2302 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Got 1st one @ 7pm @ 312m then superman went down into gorge and got 2nd one @ 5m poking the gun with 1 arm . 31/4 hours later hit the truck. Must have had all the kanuka in every pore in the body. Could not even make a 2nd coffee because too tired. No sleep last night. Superman is gone for 3 weeks. Think it will take at least that time to recover. Thank God for Maxi head torch lighting the way. Those 80gr TTSX Barnes really tag. Funny sound when they hit. No possibility of  deer walking away. Dead as door nails.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2303 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 9:53am
Print Post  
Bad moon rising alright .... sounds like it was a bit more Creedence 'trouble on the way' for a few reds. Smiley  That's good shooting - and dam good eating too..

The bigger Boruit B10 headlamp is quite good - great price at $26NZ and useful before the new Maxtoch long range headlamp comes out ...eventually. Tried couple more Boruits - one looks like the Maxtoch HO1R headlamp but there the resemblance ends. Its just a cheapie really and bit scruffy - stay with the Maxtoch.  Also looked at a little Boruit lamp that costs $3.40NZ landed - wondered how they could do it. Most accurate observation I can make is - its a $3 headlamp.  Ok for kids, camping or something. Given both away already   Roll Eyes 

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2304 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
I am reminded of the joke about the by election looming in Auckland...National could put up a wheelie bin as a candidate and it would get voted in by their voters. LOL. Maxi is just plain super reliable. Robot reliable.Wonder Nasa hasnt got them for their travels into the universe.The good thing about Maxi it does not laugh or criticise as you are struggling to put one foot in front of the other. Maybe a silent laugh. Grin

IP Logged

MeatHunta
Donor Member

Reply #2305 - Oct 22nd, 2018 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
mudgripz wrote on Oct 21st, 2018 at 9:53am:
The bigger Boruit B10 headlamp is quite good - great price at $26NZ and useful before the new Maxtoch long range headlamp comes out ...eventually

Yep, I rate the B10. I've done a couple of walk outs in the dark with it recently. On Saturday night I tipped over some tahr in a shitty series of bluffs just on dark. By the time the butchery was done it was well dark. Navigating out of there on low beam was fine, high beam is good when you need to work on the longer distance strategy. The light sits well on my head and it's easy to access the switch. However, it turns itself on in the backpack - leave the batteries out! And it would be a lot better without the strobe.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2306 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
Tailing finishing this weekend on one of our north Canterbury farms - will be great to get out shooting again.  We'll pop a few bunnies and farmer says we can take home a venison too if we find one so that will be a treat in the BBQ. There is nothing quite like an evening wander with the 22 in some of the beautiful countryside we have ...

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2307 - Nov 10th, 2018 at 6:13pm
Print Post  
Solid hit out with the M24 until it finally gave up then switched to Big Boy. Maxtoch is an impressive product in the rain.So bad could barely see more than 20m at times. Changed from the 223 to Lethal Weapon 243 using 80gr TTSX. No deer escaped.For night hunting it is a game changer.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards