Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 155 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon.... (Read 367012 times)
BC
Donor Member

Re: Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon....
Reply #2205 - Aug 4th, 2018 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
mudgripz wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 10:41am:
Maxtoch pretty keen on new light idea - won't replace your 2X/M24 - something a wee bit different.  Will talk about it if/as it progresses...

Have just bought this headlamp from Boruit off aliexpress. Looks a bit like the LR 500 headlamp idea we gave Maxtoch to develop awhile back but they did not do it. This lamp has fairly big head and XML2 led so will dedome/modify well and could end up with 500+ meter range for about $25NZ delivered. Boruit not a bad brand either - make reasonable stuff. Will see how it goes stock, then tweak it for performance... Could be useful and hell of a lot cheaper than that $500 Led Lenser headlamp with its range of 300 meters!!! Smiley

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BORUIT-10W-XML-L2-LED-Headlamp-Hunting-Headlight...

I've got one. Quite good, but I would like it de-domed. Could I do it or would I be better kidding Mr Gadget into doing it for me?

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2206 - Aug 7th, 2018 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
BC - PM gadgetman about dedoming that new Boruit headlamp of ours. I'm sure he'll be happy to do it if you cover post. Mine hasn't arrived yet - keen to test it out when it gets here - standard and then modified.

Leo - that spottie in the link could be okay, but awkward handle system and not much grunt at 400m+.  Just wait on this one a bit ..  Cool   Cool

IP Logged

TJ
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

EBRG forever- Cher, cher
Bro

Reply #2207 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Seems like a very good lamp for the price. What are the rechargeables like ?

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2208 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Rechargeable 18650 batts with the Boruit h/lamp are their own branded 2200mAh. Should be ok in that lamp if it doesn't drain too much i.e. it isn't modded up like the Maxtochs.  The Maxtoch/panasonic 3400/3500 mAh batts we use in M24/2Xs would last along time in that h/lamp, but I will be watching to see if they fit properly into the Boruit batt holder - not too long.

IP Logged

Rugerman
Donor Member

Bow Wow

Reply #2209 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Well my one turned up today, 8 days after ordering which is very good from Aliexpress.

Muddy I can confirm that the black maxtoch 3400mah batteries fit in the head torch. Also the green panasonics fit too Smiley

Pretty good light by  the look of it. So far my only whinge would be the strobe mode, who needs that  Shocked instead a very low level would be good instead of just high and medium.
Of course it could do with a dedoming but we have become very spoiled  with the Maxtochs  Wink

All in All, Me likey  Smiley

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2210 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Yes mine just arrived today too - about 9 days which is quick. I agree ruger - seems quite well made and the maxtoch/pana batts fit easily. Hinge like many headlamps could be stronger but if used thoughtfully should be fine. Yep the strobe is a bit irrelevant but this Boruit lamp's light output is rather good - actually slightly better than my headlamp modded 2-3 years ago.

Range stock looks like about 400 meters - and that's more than the very expensive Led Lenser XEO19R lamp's 300m, and that led lenser costs about $400 whereas this Boruit costs $24NZ.  Have given it to gadget this evening so we'll see if led is removeable (some are glued in) and can be dedomed. If it can then this headlamp could reach out well over 600 meters - which will make it extremely popular with hunters. A good wee headlamp now - certainly the lamp I'd buy - and could be a gem if dedomeable..

IP Logged

Rugerman
Donor Member

Bow Wow

Reply #2211 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 8:19am
Print Post  
For some reason every time I see the name of the head lamp I think it's called Borrat Smiley It does wear a mankini  Grin

I've found it has a memory mode, which is handy so ya don't have to flick through the options each time you turn it on.

Will be interested if it can be dedomed although stock standard it's got an output which will probably do most of what I want.

IP Logged

TJ
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

EBRG forever- Cher, cher
Bro

Reply #2212 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Rugerman wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 5:05pm:
Well my one turned up today, 8 days after ordering which is very good from Aliexpress.

Muddy I can confirm that the black maxtoch 3400mah batteries fit in the head torch. Also the green panasonics fit too Smiley

Pretty good light by  the look of it. So far my only whinge would be the strobe mode, who needs that  Shocked instead a very low level would be good instead of just high and medium.
Of course it could do with a dedoming but we have become very spoiled  with the Maxtochs  Wink

All in All, Me likey  Smiley

What about the disco nights ?  Cheesy

IP Logged

jakkos
Forum Senior

There is one stop after
the trigger is pulled

Reply #2213 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Sorry guys.. Can you confirm the price of this headlamp? in $nz. Huh

be good...And careful

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2214 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
I got the headlamp alone without the extra batts etc and it cost me $16.73US = $25NZ. Gadget pulling it apart for check and dedoming shortly but my initial impression is pretty good quality and well worth the $$. Haven't used it in field yet but looks good.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/BORUIT-10W-XML-L2-LED-Headlamp-Hunting-...

IP Logged

Deer hunter Duck Shooter

Reply #2215 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
So find in my emails just now that I brought one of these at 1.30am last night.  I remember vaguely clicking on the link when I couldn't sleep.
Can never have to many torches. 😀

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2216 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 9:32am
Print Post  
A sleep-walking torch buyer !! Don't think that excuse will work with the missus mate...  Smiley  Smiley

Gadget and I playing with a new 2000+ meter throw Maxtoch torch sample - this is not a kiwi spec model. Extremely narrow pencil beam and zero use to hunters....but ... we'll see what a few modifications might do.. Won't replace 2X or M24.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2217 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Went for a looksie last night. The 2X was beaming for miles. Atmospheric conditions possibly? but never seen it so crystal at night. Anyone have any clues? Unfortunately my mate was not up to the task and fat stags wandered off unharmed. Still great to have a walk. Superman down tonight and out again. Tomorrow at the top of a range.The dogs know they will be going and are amping up.

IP Logged

dribbler

Reply #2218 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
Used my 2X last week,that main beam is  phucking awesome and the ring of outer light is quite wide so with a glance down leaving the light on target you can work out ground conditions.Thanks again for input and field testing.Cheers.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2219 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 10:55am
Print Post  
We used our 2X last night. Think it has something to do with the current conditions. The stags just stayed in the light. The big stag got 1 in the middle of the forehead . The spiker just looked and got the same medicine. Long slog and 2.5hr ferry to the top. Go the big peanut slab. After gutting found had picked up my mates 55gr TSX by mistake rather than our 65gr Sierra. The spikers head was Greggs jelly.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 155
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards