Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon.... (Read 307376 times)
mudgripz
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Maxtoch SN6X-2 upgrade soon....
Reply #2100 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 10:29am
Print Post  
New 2X and also red 2X due any day. Keen to get a good look at the red one and run some meter/field tests over it.  Little upgrade HO1R headlamp also expected on sale on aliexpress in next week or so. Have one now - neat little unit. Not a thrower but alot lighter than old one (70gms) on my kitchen scales, and 120gm or so with batt. Has low power red led option which could be useful for walking, changing flies when fishing etc. Will review it shortly.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2101 - Aug 26th, 2017 at 9:29am
Print Post  
WOW..  Did some tests last night on the new 2X with red led, and the 2X with usual white led plus new circuit board. Very impressed. Meter tested them for lux output, then took them outside to shine around a park. These really are amazing lights.

First up the red 2X recorded 154k lux - amazing for a red led. That translates to about 779 meters max range, and after shining the torch round park I was impressed with the red led's distance. It will no doubt pick up eyes out to several hundred meters, but beam also has a little spill - enough to sweep paddocks. In all a very handy torch and I look forward to testing it out on the farms soon when the ground dries out.

The latest white beam 2X with new circuit board is an absolute ripper. So are the old ones, but this one has a little more to offer. Recent batches of white 2Xs tested out at average 365k lux, but this new one topped the 400 at 403k on my meter. Turning it on after the red one it has huge power within the night shooting range. Even in city lights it lit up buildings 500 meters away. Phenomenal torch - and I notice the clip on wrist strap is better quality too.

Can't help but be impressed with these lights. Very good build quality and astonishing performance, esp for the buck. Tested out my upgrade M24 at 315k lux - so both maxtoch 2X and the lighter M24 hunter lights are right at the top of the market. Best all purpose hunter lights in the world.  Will do batt runtime test on the new 2X today. 

If you've got a 365k 2X already you do not need to go buy a new 400k lux one. No point - all the models from 300-400k do the spottie job superbly. Be good to hear some comments from guys who've already tested the new red led 2X in the field...be after tailing before we get out. 

(Lux meter results always +/- 3%)

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2102 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 10:36am
Print Post  
When are they out then? You might not "need" a new 2X but we DO. LOL. Seriously when can we buy.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2103 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 10:40am
Print Post  
We need the new 2X to go with our new rifle. Beat that.

https://www.facebook.com/HeliOpsMagazine/videos/vb.72016066022/10155283036946023...

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2104 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
Straight off aliexpress Leo.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2105 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 9:42pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

robo819
Just Joined

Reply #2106 - Sep 5th, 2017 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Hey Mudgripz and all who may be interested........
I think Muddy may have seen these already , but for those who have not seen the Red and Green 2X or anyone who has not seen the original version of the 2X dedomed U4 1A version , I did a review on both if you would like to see either or both of these lights.
The green one even under went a good soaking in water that I actually put in the video and the original 2X also got a good dunk in the water although I did not get that one on video.

As Muddy and many others already know and have stated these 2X lights are excellent in performance and build quality both and they are about the best "out of the box" throwers you can get right now for a hunting light.

Red and Green review.......
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/54904

Original dedomed 2X.........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9y9sOSksCw

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2107 - Sep 10th, 2017 at 9:15pm
Print Post  
The new Maxtoch HO1R headlamp is now on sale on aliexpress. This is not one gadgetman, Robo and I have helped design, but Maxtoch have sent one to me to look at.

The HO1R is a very well made little lamp. It is very light at just 70gms, has wider internal tube than previous model to take larger 18650 batteries, is rechargeable with USB port in threads under switch cap, has well constructed headband, freestands well outside band, and has plenty of power.  It is not a thrower headlamp but will still reach 80+ meters in perfect conditions. Output is up to 1000 lumens in boost mode from its XML2 led, and it has three main switch settings. In white beam it has four modes - moonlight, low, medium and high. While in white bank a double click of switch will step it into boost mode. To turn off white bank, press switch down and hold. Then hold again and it will go into 3 red modes - very low, medium, and strobe.  The red bank are not specifically hunter settings but offer low red light for tasks when you need to retain night vision.

Gadget and I have found this a very good little light - tons of short range grunt and undoubtedly very long runtime on the lower modes. Well constructed and worth the $$.  Dam good little light for camp and trail.

When guys buy this light we would appreciate feedback and suggestions on refinements for next production batch. We could perhaps drop out the double clicky while in white bank to go to boost, and have instead simplify it with white bank as moonlight low medium boost. And we could play round with red mode outputs if desired for greater utility. Let us know your ideas.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/MAXTOCH-H01R-White-and-Red-Beam-Light-C...

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2108 - Sep 18th, 2017 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Ok thanks guys - we've had quite a bit of phone/site feedback on most desireable switch option for the upgraded Maxtoch HO1R headlamp.  Plenty of variety in the answers as you'd expect - from just 2-3 white modes to all manner of complexity with red and white mode banks etc. Some want to keep it simple while some enjoy all sorts of electronic options.  All the choices are good - just a matter of finding that production balance we can all live with.

After discussion here decision is to go with 4 white modes - moonlight/low/medium/boost. This covers full range of white beam needs - and without the seperate double clicky to get boost. Mode memory. There will also be two red modes - a very low red beam for tent/reading etc, and a more powerful one for walking. No strobe. And that's it - simple with white and red in two seperate option banks, but still giving 6 options to play with.

This is closest to most choices and will do the job for everyone. Present production batch has moonlight/low/medium/high in white bank, with a double clicky to access seperate boost mode. And it has 3 red modes - two quite low reds plus a strobe. We've changed that around to make it more useful.  New switch system will be on next batch - no dates yet but will let you know when they are on sale.

Impressed with this wee light - well made and very good outputs for a camp/trail beam lamp.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2109 - Sep 20th, 2017 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
We were using both the Fenix and Maxtoch last night. All they picked up was the silvery cold grass.Very chilly.Superman picked up the freight and chugged at high speed up the hill.The 2X was excellent as usual. Tired crew when we got home.The passenger zonked out in the front seat. We were both laughing at 1.30am about how the 2X revolutionised the world at night.It is light and handy but the freight never gets lighter. Grin

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2110 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Yep - Leo you will also remember the old light gear we used to use in the past. Piddly weak old 2 and 3 cells we thought were the bees knees, then 'Big  Jim' light with seperate head, Dolphin lights, old car headlamps hooked up to leaky motorbike battery, then the big spotties mounted on rifle with wires back to batt packs etc. This new tech is pretty amazing - over 1200 meters max range in clear conditions which means daylight within night shooting distances - and torch plus batts weighs 400gms (0.9lbs) - perfect for scope or handheld.

Gadget, Texas Dave and I keep reviewing new leds but have found nothing we want to change in the M24 and 2X. We could go more light but alot less range with MTG2 or XHP series leds, or alot less light but slightly more range with XPG2 - but either option would lose the 2Xs all purpose capability. Both present M24 and 2X likely to stay as they are for a while. I've got one of each and happy to grab either on a night shoot. M24 is bit lighter but still pumps about 315k lux, while 2X is about 400k now. But both daylight in 0-200m normal night shooting range. 

Still lambing near the mountains in north canterbury but very keen to get out after tailing to try out the lights again, and esp to have a good look at the red led 2X. Interesting to see how the animal behaviour differs with the red.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2111 - Sep 21st, 2017 at 10:26pm
Print Post  
Forgot how the 2X just had that extra boogie. Use the M24 mostly because it is light as a thimble.Impressive gear. And ultra reliable like a quality reload.

IP Logged

mudgripz
Donor Member

Reply #2112 - Sep 22nd, 2017 at 8:40am
Print Post  
Leo - do you want to have a look at this red led 2X?   I've got a month yet before farms dry out and tailing done here.  Welcome to do a test if you want. PM me your address.

IP Logged

sako
Forum Font

Reply #2113 - Sep 23rd, 2017 at 8:52am
Print Post  
All righty. Grin

IP Logged

canadakiwi
Donor Member

Nothing is ever as simple
as we hope it will be

Reply #2114 - Sep 24th, 2017 at 2:39pm
Print Post  
Thanks to those on this thread, I have just received a 2X and 2X red, with 4 extra sets of batters, charger fo NZ and Canada. and other gear, ready for winter work in Canada, super impressed, Cool only took ten days to get here, once ordered, guys at work are all wanting them nos, can see right across the pit, both yards, and easy to find dead equipment, at night.
Just ordered a couple head lights, for the winter, the joys of a small business, and outside work, can at least write of a nice flashlight or four.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards