Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Is this illegal? (Read 3424 times)
ethos
Ex Member

Is this illegal?
Dec 7th, 2012 at 8:44am
Print Post  
http://www.trademe.co.nz/property/rural/auction-541195452.htm

"For the astute investor looking to secure a prime slice of real estate with world class potential, privately located between two major ski fields with breathtaking, million dollar views of Mt Ruapehu and the surrounding Tongariro National Park.

Top class fishing and hunting from the boundaries of the property with exclusive, private access to the wild waters of the Manganui o te Ao and Makotote Rivers, two of the best trophy trout fishing rivers in the country, and with a continuous supply of red deer fed from the neighbouring Erua National Park.

Large mature stands of attractive native bush have been thoughtfully treasured over the years, and a high emphasis placed on protecting native species whilst co-existing with pastoral farming.

The 79 ha property consists of entirely flat contour with 50% developed pastoral land, suitable for livestock fattening or cropping and balance native bush.

Centrally located, with direct access off State Highway 4 and numerous building sites, this property provides endless opportunities to develop a Hunting Lodge, Corporate Retreat or Farming Park with immediate access to the regions wonderful outdoor adventure activities including tramping, skiing and many bike trails."

IP Logged

boomthump
Donor Member

hunt high

Re: Is this illegal?
Reply #1 - Dec 7th, 2012 at 9:38am
Print Post  
Exclusive private access sounds a wee bit british.....mustn't be much of a creek?

Up high the tahr grazed,the sun sank low,a river roared in the distance.We sat there,just the two of us,the mountain and I.
IP Logged

MHunta
Forum Font

famous beer hunter

Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2012 at 2:28am
Print Post  
in some cases adjacent landowners can own the bed of the river. in lots of cases they can own to the edge - or close enuff so access is a pain. in this case I reckon they mean 'exclusive access through the farm to the river', which is another story in itself.

there are rules for 'landlocked land' whereby neighbours can be forced to agree some access - I propose an end to landlocked rivers.

every firearm is loaded
point firearms in  safe direction
Load only when ready to shoot
Identify your target
Check firing zone
no booze or drugs

IP Logged

JeremyPoulter

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2012 at 2:39am
Print Post  
I would try looking at www.wams.org.nz - it's a great website for getting indications on access rights etc....

IP Logged

pennyless

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2012 at 4:22am
Print Post  
Be waiting a while for many deer to filter out of Erua me thinks.
Havent they heard the bubble has popped & not many people have the money to spend setting up corporate retreats at the mo.

IP Logged

Honestjohn

Reply #5 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
Good work, they have now changed the wording of the advert

IP Logged

Trout
Donor Member

Top NZ WhiteTail

Reply #6 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Farmers can own the river bed land to the center of the river bed from either side,like the haka river flowing towards Kurow.

Shot a few deer,caugth some big trout and salmon

IP Logged

ezdirect.
Forum Font

Reply #7 - Dec 26th, 2012 at 8:05pm
Print Post  
Its pretty rare though.

revertetur firmior    resident camp possum
IP Logged

T3223

Reply #8 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Must be pretty common in that part of NZ. Take the Tainui stream for starters. You used to able to walk from Tohunga Road north along the stream and right into a lake that had trout when Don Cameron owned a sheep farm (at Horopito).

Now when you walk up the same stream at some point you will hit a deer fence. Behind that is the rest of the stream, lake and a "game park" co-owned by Gerald Fluerty (Wildside Hunting). This just happened, no notice, protest or public consultation. DOC did nothing. Similar events at the top of the Whakapapaiti off SH47.

Tikka 223 16" barrel 1:12" twist. DPT Duralium Modular suppressor.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards