Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Canada Goose Hall of Shame (Read 1560 times)
boomstick.
Donor Member

born to hunt, forced 2
work

Re: Canada Goose Hall of Shame
Reply #15 - Dec 12th, 2012 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
grumpy wrote on Dec 11th, 2012 at 2:05pm:
Cripes, it's a long time ago, I'll ask one of the other guys and get back. I didn't work on banding, it was the same method but with a different ending for the goose as the moulting drives. I only started after the banding and during the rubber hammer phase.
I think probably about 30 years for the banding - about a goose lifetime.

cheers grumpy, about 30 years ago would make sense from when i know the last of the banding was done...

cool feeling knowing ive shot such an old goose thats probably seen many a hunters decoys before Cheesy

cant remember exactly which year i shot the goose now, but definately between 2005 and 2008.. which would most likely make the goose pretty close to 30 years old if not already

fishing sure beats working,, i love animals,they're delicious

IP Logged

boomstick.
Donor Member

born to hunt, forced 2
work

Re: Canada Goose Hall of Shame
Reply #16 - Dec 12th, 2012 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Alan wrote on Dec 11th, 2012 at 10:40pm:
I made  a 30 min video of a canada moult cull at Wairoa .. has some great stuff in it..one day will try and get it onto a  computer so I can upload it....

yes please alan, would make for interesting watching, have seen pictures of goose penning leading up to culling and banding... interesting stuff!

fishing sure beats working,, i love animals,they're delicious

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards