Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Scars (Read 300 times)
PORKCHOP
Donor Member

Scars
Nov 17th, 2012 at 9:45am
Print Post  
Here is one for the veterinarian.
My GSP recently chewed the shit out of her back legs. Nibbled them red raw. At first I thought it was the concrete in her run causing the problem but a dose of flea treatment sorted it out so I'm guessing she was just itchy.
They have healed up well, but have left scars kind of like callouses. Can you (or anyone else) recommend something that will reduce the scarring? They are pretty obvious and I have had to start telling people they were caused by a huge scrappy boar.

Cheers

IP Logged

ethos
Ex Member

Re: Scars
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2012 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
Hmmm not easy. Steroid ointment can reduce formation earlier on and would help if there is inlammation remaining but if it is mature scar tissue its not likely to shift. Any pics porkers?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards