Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Min of Conservation set to sign away hunter access. (Read 5502 times)
Bill Jarvie
Just Joined

Min of Conservation set to sign away hunter access.
Jul 20th, 2012 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Two proposals for exclusive access rights to National Park and Conservation land are set for the Conservation Minister to approve their concessions. The Fiordland Link monorail if approved would see over 30km of concrete beam rail-line pushed thru remote Snowden Forest and river flats, and a greater length of construction road dozed beside it. 20,000+ trees felled, some 100's of years old. The multi-millionaire property developers say they want a hunting exclusion zone (calculated to be in excess of 3,000ha) put in place by DoC. Why after years of back room deals have the NZ public not been informed until the formal legal process. SAVE FIORDLAND Inc has been formed to fight both the tunnel and monorail proposals. Support us when and where you can, your hunting area may be next!
Watch "Sunday" this weekend July 22.
Don't believe the monorail developer's website, nice words, little detail and deliberately misleading.

IP Logged

ethos
Ex Member

Re: Min of Conservation set to sign away hunter access.
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 10:57am
Print Post  
You've got my support, it might pay to post this up in the main hunting forum for best exposure.

IP Logged

264Magic
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2012 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
first we had the taming of fire,,then some coot invented the wheel,,tamed the horse,,build a car,,aeroplane,,its called progress

i see that youve just joined us,,where were you when the 1080 debate raged on these pages,,perhaps helping the greenies pour more of the green poison onto our pristine country side

c,mon tell the truth
i remember driving from queenstown to glenorchy on a dirt road,, i bet its now all tar seal,,is it good to do that

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

ethos
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2012 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
264Magic wrote on Jul 21st, 2012 at 8:33pm:
first we had the taming of fire,,then some coot invented the wheel,,tamed the horse,,build a car,,aeroplane,,its called progress

i see that youve just joined us,,where were you when the 1080 debate raged on these pages,,perhaps helping the greenies pour more of the green poison onto our pristine country side

c,mon tell the truth
i remember driving from queenstown to glenorchy on a dirt road,, i bet its now all tar seal,,is it good to do that

Wait until a property developer gets rights to build a train through your favourite DoC block and shuts you as a taxpaying citizen out.
Its called waking up and smelling the roses. A precedent set in Southland will affect us all.

IP Logged

264Magic
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 2:15am
Print Post  
and while they be about that let them build a road from haast to the homer
ps ethos,,theres a corner of fiordland that hardly anyone visits,,i certainly wont,,theres your true wilderness area
a firking road will not destroy the beauty of that part of the country

if you feel that strongly about it you could always rip up the road to glenorchy and let only the ferry thru to the location
Grin Grin Grin

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

ethos
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 3:32am
Print Post  
Funny as when you are in the north island.

I dont believe the Glenorchy road is only for paying tourists to the exclusion of the public that owns it?

Any thoughts on what is going to happen to local Te Anau businesses getting bypassed so some property developer can make some coin?
Progress for who?

IP Logged

StagsRoar
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Tikka T3  .270

Reply #6 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 5:05am
Print Post  
Bill Jarvie wrote on Jul 20th, 2012 at 3:15am:
Two proposals for exclusive access rights to National Park and Conservation land are set for the Conservation Minister to approve their concessions. The Fiordland Link monorail if approved would see over 30km of concrete beam rail-line pushed thru remote Snowden Forest and river flats, and a greater length of construction road dozed beside it. 20,000+ trees felled, some 100's of years old. The multi-millionaire property developers say they want a hunting exclusion zone (calculated to be in excess of 3,000ha) put in place by DoC. Why after years of back room deals have the NZ public not been informed until the formal legal process. SAVE FIORDLAND Inc has been formed to fight both the tunnel and monorail proposals. Support us when and where you can, your hunting area may be next!
Don't believe the monorail developer's website, nice words, little detail and deliberately misleading.

This sort of stuff needs to be out more in the public arena. It scares me that this greedy, couldn't care less government will push this through and it seriously needs to be stopped!

IP Logged

ezdirect.
Forum Font

Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2012 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Whats the point of baning hunting..Safety?

revertetur firmior    resident camp possum
IP Logged

zimhunter

waiting for bob to kick
the bucket..

Reply #8 - Sep 20th, 2012 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Bill Jarvie wrote on Jul 20th, 2012 at 3:15am:

yet they try and tell us deer are the real threat to native flora and fauna in fiordland! sorry but ive never seen a deer do that much damage!  Angry i wish our min. of "conservation" would care more about the environment and less about making an extra buck! shame on any of you who support this, have a bit of pride in your country. Ive already seen one country be f*ckd over by people like them. if you let them start, they wont stop  Angry Angry

IP Logged

DukShooter
Forum Font

Reply #9 - Oct 21st, 2012 at 5:53am
Print Post  
Bloody hell that is disgusting, that exclusive access clause is frightening for hunters and fishermen/ladies who enjoy their sport in this area. I hope NZ Fish and Game are on top of this. All of us who enjoy the true outdoors should be sending in submissions to the minister as fast as we can

The kill is not the bottom line reason for the hunt, but it cannot be removed from the equation
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards