Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Best bowhunting gloves? (Read 2450 times)
DONE
Forum Font

Best bowhunting gloves?
Mar 24th, 2012 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
In other words, what kind of gloves do you have and how are they suitable for bow hunting (or trigger control), is the camo better, are they easy to use with strings and bolts etc??? Need an all season type of camo glove. What can anyone recommend? I don't want to end up with 5 pairs of gloves like some nunter....  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Chris Dore
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Re: Best bowhunting gloves?
Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 12:06am
Print Post  
I use the stoney creek fingerless gloves. Keep the wind chill off the wet hands to a decent drgree, dont get in the way and keep the fingers free to shoot / fumble with stuff. Go for camo. Its amazing how visable the hands can be during the draw.

Chris Dore
Queenstown, NZ

IP Logged

BOWHUNTERSLODGE

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 2:02am
Print Post  
ive the stoney creek as well..i can even slide on my 3 finger deer skin on when using trad...

IP Logged

Swodem
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

I hunt with my friends
Mathews Remington and
Nikon

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 7:04am
Print Post  
+3, stoney creek fingerless.

I cut a slot in the wrist for the strap of my release to come out through.

IP Logged

Chris Dore
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Swodem wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 7:04am:
+3, stoney creek fingerless.

I cut a slot in the wrist for the strap of my release to come out through.

Bloody ingeniuos... Im doing that right now Smiley

Chris Dore
Queenstown, NZ

IP Logged

DONE
Forum Font

Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:57am
Print Post  
That does sound like a good idea! Maybe you could add that to the thread with tips and tricks I read somewhere...

I have been approached by Grant of SafariSupplyCo and he has made a generous offer to try out some of the Sitka Shooter Gloves, although they are not in camo, they look practical enough to warrant a test fire. I will be posting a brief review in this thread once I have given them a whirl.  Cool

IP Logged

Swodem
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

I hunt with my friends
Mathews Remington and
Nikon

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 9:05am
Print Post  
DONE wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:57am:
That does sound like a good idea! Maybe you could add that to the thread with tips and tricks I read somewhere...

I have been approached by Grant of SafariSupplyCo and he has made a generous offer to try out some of the Sitka Shooter Gloves, although they are not in camo, they look practical enough to warrant a test fire. I will be posting a brief review in this thread once I have given them a whirl.  Cool

Seeing as you have a good relationship with him, please request he brings in some product in one of the Camo options that suits our bush and beech forest rather than rocky screes of South Island!

IP Logged

DONE
Forum Font

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Will do, im sure they will take it on board. Looks like decent gear, and I would definitely try some if there was a bush camo option.

IP Logged

tomh

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
lynn river amara palm work gloves.  Depends on hand fit of course, but they're nice dextrous thin glove.  If you were really game you could cut the tip off the index finger for that extra feel!
I've got some stoney creek gloves but they haven't lasted well and aren't a great fit on my fingers.

IP Logged

DONE
Forum Font

Reply #9 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Took the bow for a walk today. Wore the Sitka Shooter Gloves for 5-6 hours.

Pros: Very Breatheable. Nice and light. Nice tacky grip on the fingertips. They dried out quick and they are comfortable for an extended amount of time.

Cons: The stitching around the palm padding is already coming away (single stitched). The silver airmesh type fabric on the top of the hand could stand out if the sun is shining on it. Fumbling with headlight batteries and zips was a problem.

Bottom line: The Sitka Shooter Gloves are pretty comfy and they dry fast. If I was trying to nock an arrow under pressure I think fingerless would save me. Ideally I would want camo (Suited to NZ bush) Seeing they have a good warranty policy too, I will give these a 7/10.

Cheers for letting me try them out Grant.

IP Logged

SafariSupplyCo
Just Joined

Reply #10 - Apr 3rd, 2012 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Thanks Evldna,

A great to get a review from the field, thanks for taking the time to try them out and post your comments.  We are only interested in stocking top gear so please keep me up to date with how they go.  Any problems please send them back and we will repair or replace as per our (very rarely used) warranty policy. 

We do have the very thin and lightweight core gloves that are purely about concealment which may suit your needs better. 

I am a beginner at bowhunting (getting to grips with a Bowtech Invasion in Optifade Open Country), so cant really comment from my own experience but I do recall a piece of advice that you should practice shooting in your gloves to replicate the hunting conditions as much as possible.

Thanks again, hunt hard

Grant

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards