Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Re: The Dirty South Rape an Pillage (Part 2 Day 1...day) (Read 1303 times)
tui_man2
Ex Member

AB Percision

Re: The Dirty South Rape an Pillage (Part 2 Day 1...day)
Mar 24th, 2012 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Well me an mr bob went for a little wander yestaday.

Getting up the the 1st creek an we done the branch off after much deciding who was going where an neither of us wanted to pick what way, i decided id go the steeper route but was going to be shorter, we found a rock that we put a little rock on an said if it wasnt there when who ever had got back 1st then we had gone up creek to find each other.

After finding 3 deer carcasses that had been back steaked an back legged, witch i thought was abit lazy as was maybe Just over 2km to truck but each to there own, they werent all that old either but still had a 'pong'.

I busted up my creek for 30min or so than was ready for a nibble parked up with good view of alot of slips an the head of my creek, i had spotted 2 small chams then another 2 popped out not far from them, nothing realy worth popping at, them 2 feed into view up the head after a had a moment dropping shit, i sat the an had a good look an decide the bigger one up the back was a nanny an mid sized youngin

After more looking an thinking it dont look to bad, then was the next though weather to get closer or go from where i was???? was abit of hmmmmm for couple of minutes, decide if i got closer the angle would be getting steeper an steeper fast, So the plan was hatched to shoot from there, Got all set up put the brake on an what dont look cumfee but was mint apart from sitting in the creek getting wet nutsaks as it wasnt that warm to start with, range finder made it an 712m(788yds) got the phone out done the numbers set up an got the angle on 32 degrees up hit, no wind to speed of dialed up 7.5MOA got settle in, aimed centre shoulder an let the a-max fly with seen impact centre shoulder an mrs cham dropping instantly, cart wheeling down the hil i said you f*cking beaulty

Then packed up my gear an heading up as getting closer an thinking holy shit this is steep f*cking shit, i busted it straight up the face clinging on for life then got to the point there was no more up an i was stuck.....................standing there packing one for couple minutes thinking that the wife had been giving me the 'talk'...'again' about thinking of her an the boy before i do silly things I decided i aint going back down where i had just come up and was time to sidle, after good 30min of oh hell im broken if i slip from here.........

I got to a little cham track that was alot better having 4" track to wander around, finnaly got to where i had shot mrs cham well over a hour latter then had to find it where it had cart wheelled to, after 20min of search i found it buried in so logs an shit so dragged it out an done the deed, an then thought what was that...............there it was again! A stag up the back having a roar after lunch time WTF........ tryed to roar back but with no voice from chest infection a girly whine was all i could do, it didnt seem that intersted an was along way back adams way so i headed down a different way but was alot hair raising too............

Got back to the meat point when i may as wll shit myself to a 'OI' adam hed beat me back an had also seen 5 cham an got wisseled at by one for a while but couldnt find, after spewing because mr adam had seen a monster in the creek on the way back got a bead on him but was to fast for him an done the bolt.........Mr anrgy bob was peeking at this point
we had a yack an showned him mrs chamios witch was 9 3/8" even

Up to next creek we cranked on up hour an hlf to some waterfalls then time was getting on an would have taking time to get around an after seen sweet f*ck all sign and just one stags prints, we flagged it was shit, headded back to truck an to the PUB!!!!!!!

Few pics off the phone as the video camera went flat
The possie

Another of the possie looking up

Looking up at the steep bit up the top

Looking down from to of back

Mrs Chamois 9 an 3/8" even

In hole

Out hole

IP Logged

264Magic
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #1 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 9:13am
Print Post  
wicked set of hooks for a nanny,,you chaps must know your coast well

It is much better to Hit the Animal in the right place, with a Rifle you can shoot well, then to hit it poorly with a Large Calibre..John Nosler

IP Logged

blaser
Forum Font

Barnes bullets are best

Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 9:26am
Print Post  
Top Shot!!!

To keen to own a pointer!!!!!!

IP Logged

Southstag

Reply #3 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:48am
Print Post  
Good stuff, handy spot that.
I shot a good buck up to the right where it forks at the clearing where i guess you saw the 3 deer.

IP Logged

bushwanderer
Forum Font

hunt, fish and dive

Reply #4 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
good report cheers! do you carry a plb for  those sticky situations?

IP Logged

tui_man2
Ex Member

AB Percision

Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 2:27pm
Print Post  
bushwanderer wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 1:10pm:
good report cheers! do you carry a plb for  those sticky situations?

cheers mate
I dont but have tossed it up many times an are leaning that way now Grin

IP Logged

crnkin
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
STW strikes again!

Those amax's work so much better in the smaller calibers, you should see the mess they make in 208g.

The mrs has the talk with me every hunt aye, but its fair enough, Id be pissed if she fell off the hair dressers chair and down a 100m cliff!

Nannies always have bigger horns for their age don't they?

Angry Crnkin

IP Logged

Wino

To the hills.....

Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
Not exactly what I'd call hunting but sounded like a nice walk and shooting.

IP Logged

crnkin
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Yeah Abe, you cant hunt for shit!

Hahaha

IP Logged

tui_man2
Ex Member

AB Percision

Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yeah Abe, you cant hunt for shit!

Hahaha

I cant by the sound of it i may as well stay home an be a forum know it all..............

Wino wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 5:40pm:
Not exactly what I'd call hunting but sounded like a nice walk and shooting.

So now im not a hunter im a shooter? Grin

IP Logged

Nor-West
Forum Font

Reply #10 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Where's part one  Huh

Still out here in the wind and rain, look a little older but I feel no pain...

Warren Zevon

IP Logged

tui_man2
Ex Member

AB Percision

Re: The Dirty South Rape an Pillage (Part 1 Day 1...day)
Reply #11 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:51pm
Print Post  
Nor-West wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 8:17pm:
Where's part one  Huh

gone Tongue had to be fast so this is the part one now Wink

IP Logged

Rogers.270
Forum Senior

Lives for the tops

Reply #12 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
mint as bro  what scope ya running?  what happened to the nf?  i tell you leupy the way of the future

Balls Out

IP Logged

tui_man2
Ex Member

AB Percision

Reply #13 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Rogers.270 wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 9:45pm:
mint as bro  what scope ya running?  what happened to the nf?  i tell you leupy the way of the future

haha dont know about that but its lighter an does the job Wink
the 8.5-25x50

IP Logged

Wino

To the hills.....

Reply #14 - Mar 25th, 2012 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
tui_man wrote on Mar 25th, 2012 at 7:40pm:
I cant by the sound of it i may as well stay home an be a forum know it all..............

So now im not a hunter im a shooter? Grin

Just tellin it like it is mate.  You might be a great hunter but the last two stories don't say that.  They say you are a spotlighter and shooter. Neither of these is hunting.  I must say though that I didn't look back at all your posts.

No offence meant at all though.  Both are perfectly legal pursuits that put meat on the table! Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2020. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards