Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Poll
Poll Question: Preferred way of selling/buying/giving away our "unneeded gear"
bars   pie

Trade Me    
  42 (22.1%)
FishnHunt 4sale website    
  9 (4.7%)
Old Buy and Sell section    
  125 (65.8%)
In any section that the equipment pertains to    
  3 (1.6%)
Gunstuff.co.nz    
  1 (0.5%)
Other    
  10 (5.3%)

Total votes: 190
« Created by: Shooter on: Feb 11th, 2012 at 11:57pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Old Buy and Sell Section (Read 8268 times)
mick hunter
Donor Member

MMMMMMM CanadiAn

Re: Old Buy and Sell Section
Reply #45 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 3:30am
Print Post  
Of the 105 people who to date have voted for the old buy and sell section to date, how many listed an item there and then posted a link to Trademe?

Just curious as Trademe is a far bigger audience than the fourm is when trying to sell stuff.

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #46 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 5:40am
Print Post  
Putting it in the donor section is pointless.  Any for sale site needs lots of buyers to work and putting it in the donor section cuts out most of them. 

Besides, Alan said he wasn't going discriminate against non donors.

And yes, I would be happy if there were more adds on the forum to help fund costs.  Advertising is the cost of things being free.  If you don't want to look at them then just add them to add blocker.

Good to see that the logo has changed to recognize  wildharvest's contribution.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

Hunter7mm08

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #47 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 8:07pm
Print Post  
Not long ago Alan almost came close to shutting down the forum after he caught a member organizing the sale of some H&K semis on here which mounted up to a lot of dollars worth of firearms being imported for members on here and without the  consent of the site owner or the offer of some sort of commission for using this site to sell them even though an apology got made the damage was done.

Not long after that happened Alan put up the auction page and started charging success fees for it. Basically it came down to the privilege of using this site for selling of items for no charge was abused and Alan had to put his foot down because of it and the end result was user pays.

Now I do not post much on here because I like to keep to myself but I do observe what is going on and since the introduction of FnH for sale site people have been getting upset over it but look back on that attempted group buy for those H&K semis on here and think about how you would have felt if someone did that to you with no permission or offer of some sort of compensation for the use of the site to conduct that sale.

This is the thread I was talking about http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1319575985/0

There is no such thing as a "metric" mile. There IS one kilometer, which is one thousand meters. One meter is 39.4 inches, making one kilometer 3,283 feet four inches. One mile is 5280 feet

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #48 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
That thread was allowed to go on for 7 pages...
The very first entry was specific about the intent. It could have been closed down straight away by the mods or Alan. But wasn't.

Natural consequences.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

rabbiter
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #49 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:14am
Print Post  
The damage to this forum has been done, Its created a split were some of the long standing members that have put alot into this forum with events, advice and generally helping people out.  It will never be back to how it was, the damage is done and if Allen has asked here before he made the change all this could of been avoided it.  Allen didnt bother to ask what the users of this site thought of his idea and this is the end result.  Well done Allen, hope it was worth it $$ wise.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #50 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 1:03am
Print Post  
BC wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:39pm:
The very first entry was specific about the intent. It could have been closed down straight away by the mods or Alan. But wasn't.

Natural consequences.

You cant please everyone. Close down a thread = accusations of over moderation and censorship..  Lips Sealed

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

Bob.
Donor Member

Huntfishhunt

Reply #51 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 3:32am
Print Post  
Aunty wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 8:01am:
Patience Grasshoppers Wink

Shocked

SUPER KEYBOARD POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

blackbunny
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #52 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:53am
Print Post  
rabbiter wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 12:14am:
It will never be back to how it was, the damage is done and if Allen has asked here before he made the change all this could of been avoided it.  Allen didnt bother to ask what the users of this site thought of his idea and this is the end result.  Well done Allen, hope it was worth it $$ wise.

Just for the record, when Alan indicated how much the forum was costing him to run a number of people suggested that members could make donations in order to help out financially and also suggested that he introduce a fee for selling items in the Buy Sell forum. Alan resisted the latter for at least a couple of years.

Alan did not initiate either of these measures of his own accord.

And whilst it is nice to see you back again rabbiter it was not the introduction of donor members and the new Buy Sell that led you to leave the forum. You left long before the latter for entirely different reasons so why are you back now just to put the knife in?  Huh

Dear Noah,
We could have sworn you said the ark wasn't leaving till 5.
Sincerely, Unicorns

IP Logged

blackbunny
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #53 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:55am
Print Post  
BC wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 11:39pm:

Natural consequences.

Damned if we do and damned if we don't.  Roll Eyes

Dear Noah,
We could have sworn you said the ark wasn't leaving till 5.
Sincerely, Unicorns

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #54 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
blackbunny wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:55am:
Damned if we do and damned if we don't.  Roll Eyes

I will thank you not to roll your eyes at me young lady  Smiley

You are probably right.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

Cowboy
Ex Member

Reply #55 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Hunter7mm08 wrote on Feb 18th, 2012 at 8:07pm:
Not long ago Alan almost came close to shutting down the forum after he caught a member organizing the sale of some H&K semis on here which mounted up to a lot of dollars worth of firearms being imported for members on here and without the  consent of the site owner or the offer of some sort of commission for using this site to sell them even though an apology got made the damage was done.

Not long after that happened Alan put up the auction page and started charging success fees for it. Basically it came down to the privilege of using this site for selling of items for no charge was abused and Alan had to put his foot down because of it and the end result was user pays.

Now I do not post much on here because I like to keep to myself but I do observe what is going on and since the introduction of FnH for sale site people have been getting upset over it but look back on that attempted group buy for those H&K semis on here and think about how you would have felt if someone did that to you with no permission or offer of some sort of compensation for the use of the site to conduct that sale.

This is the thread I was talking about http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1319575985/0

That was a firearms thread and a very generous offer to only this forum. If someone offers a bunch of 10/22's at a wholesale price folk would be all over it. I wonder, what generous things you've done for the forum at your own expense? have you donated?

I don't see the big issue. there's been a thousand threads degenerate into name calling and abuse. That must be expected when you put a large group of individuals together. If it's about money then make it only usuable to donators and no commercial stuff. if it's not about money making then i don't see the problem. two choices....sort it and leave the buysell.....don't sort it and remove for good.

IP Logged

Sako75
Forum Font

Reply #56 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 8:13pm
Print Post  
+1
If I recall correctly, it was at his cost price plus share of the freight costs. He was going to bring them in with his own personal purchases

As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder. 
- John Glenn

IP Logged

Mike H
Forum Font

Reply #57 - Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
The advertising banners on the side are only $300+GSt for an entire year, thats $6 a week! Am I reading that right? Thats too cheap if so.

Be better off charging the commercial users more and bringing back a free buy/sell section.
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2012 at 6:24am by Mike H »  

IP Logged

HeinB
Donor Member

Reply #58 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 3:06am
Print Post  
Mike H wrote on Feb 19th, 2012 at 9:17pm:
The advertising banners on the side are only $300+GSt for an entire year, thats $6 a week! Am I reading that right? Thats too cheap if so.

Be better off charging the commercial users more and bringing back a free buy/sell section.

Yeah, that is crazy cheap for targeted advertising! My expectation was that the little ones on the left would be at least $100 per month. Meaning they should very easily fund all the running costs of the forum.

The benefits of sunscreen has been proved by scientists, the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

IP Logged

Duck Gunner
Global Forum Guide

www.FishNhunt.co.nz

Reply #59 - Feb 21st, 2012 at 3:35am
Print Post  
I guess it comes down to what value the advertisers are getting from placing their adverts here, or in simple terms, what return they are getting.  Their's plenty of forum members who use ad blockers inside their browsers and dont even see them. Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards