Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic That Logo (Read 2298 times)
GDT
Banned

That Logo
Oct 28th, 2011 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
I still chuckle whenever I see the NZFFA logo. When I was at school I was a ratbag... hard to believe I know.... The head of the art department, Mr Ayers would despair because while I wasn;t in his class I would misbehave in the other class I would always get sent to see him. He was just too nice a guy to cane anyone and he always just sent me to sit at the back of his room to finish out the period.

Funny how Linda gibbs, my girlfriend was in his class and sat at the back of the room. years later when I told him our ruse he laughed pretty hard.

I left school and started my little tying shop in Matamata above Jim Richardson's Real Estate Office and one day Mr Ayers called in and wanted me to teach him to fish. i did and we became fast friends. He designed a great logo for the Matamata Freshwater Anglers Club I started when when I was thirteen and he was our goto guy when the NZFFA needed a new logo in 1989 or so... I'm glad to see the logo remains today and while I haven't seen or talked to "Mr Ayers for over 20 years I remember him as a gentleman and I'm forever grateful for the time he gave me to spend with Linda Gibbs and then later to take me fishing in his car to rivers I had only heard of. I might have had a bit of a reputation for being a reasonable angler... but I still didn;t have a car or license. (I left school at 15 to ride horses and tie flies professionally.)

Here's to the NZFFA logo and "Mr Ayers" who designed it. (Tony Orman also had him illustrate some of his work too.....)

I'm sorry if I offended you when I called you stupid! I honestly thought you already knew!
IP Logged

Carew
Forum Font

Neigh

Re: That Logo
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Neat yarn Clark

Laing - Entertaining the masses since way back.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards