Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Non residents Fishing License. (Read 7440 times)
Fat Gig
Forum Font

just another tax payer

Re: Non residents Fishing License.
Reply #15 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 2:35am
Print Post  
I wonder how much over sears countrys would charge kiwis to be able to fish in some of there lakes/waters?im guessing it wouldn't be cheap.i don't mind the price of my licence for the amount of enjoyment I get having my line in the water whenever I like.cheaper than a nigh on the booze

IP Logged

UstaBZee

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #16 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 4:35am
Print Post  
I was recently on the S Island for a vacation, and spent 3 weeks exploring...did a bit of fishing.  We bought nonresident fishing licenses, and I didn't think they were unreasonable, but they were not cheap compared to most in the states.

In Arkansas, a non resident can fish all year for 52.00, (40.00 fishing license and a 12.00 trout stamp if you want to fish trout..).  Of course here the cost varies from state to state...

I didn't do a lot of trout fishing on our trip to NZ...and I only caught one small one...so I figure it was worth about 200.00/pound...even though I didn't eat it.... Grin  But the scenery was worth it.

Zee

IP Logged

martin
Forum Font

Hunting,fishing...

Reply #17 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
G'day

I agree with you Fat Gig and Ustabzee.

The cost for a non-resident here in Quebec is 67 per year, 45 for a 7 day license.BUT, you can't fish in salmon rivers...(atlantic salmon +sea run speckle trout).
For that, non- residents need to buy an additional license that would cost 145 annually, or a catch and release only license at 40 $ annually(you can kill a few sea runs but no salmon, which is what should be done anyways I think...).

Cheers
^..^

My tool is a " Stiletto"...

IP Logged

martin
Forum Font

Hunting,fishing...

Reply #18 - Mar 12th, 2014 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Mike H wrote on Oct 6th, 2011 at 10:33pm:
Good idea IMO. Its one of the things I stood for at the last F & G elections.

I fish with a number of overseas anglers and they don't have a problem with the idea. To fish here from overseas is very cheap to them.

It's not for me.

Just my plane ticket to Auckland is 2300 CAD...

^..^

My tool is a " Stiletto"...

IP Logged

norwester

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #19 - Mar 15th, 2014 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Not every tourist who comes over here has deep pockets though aye. when i backpacked over here i certainly would'nt of spent 300+ on a licence and yet love my fishing. i think its ridiculous to charge 3 times a residents price.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards