Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic GUNS-GOLF-GASTRONOMY! HELP!! (Read 3615 times)
willy250

Game shooting for all! />

GUNS-GOLF-GASTRONOMY! HELP!!
May 14th, 2011 at 5:02am
Print Post  
I am trying to produce a book showing recipes,quotes,yarns etc for the Waikato Air Ambulance appeal -it will take me all winter! but I need genuine yarns from as many as possible, AND ANY clean jokes etc!
please email to me if you have any!
trying to complete by end of Jan Cheesy
thanks for your help!
willy250

IP Logged

willy250

Re: GUNS-GOLF-GASTRONOMY! HELP!!
Reply #1 - Jul 20th, 2012 at 9:50am
Print Post  
Great feedback-nothing!

IP Logged

chris
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

a setter is better!

Reply #2 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
maybe it would help if you clarified what the book is about and what sort of yarns your looking for?

IP Logged

BC
Donor Member

Reply #3 - Jul 22nd, 2012 at 10:10pm
Print Post  
You can copy and use anything in this section from BC or BruceC so long as its ok by Alan. I wouldn't mind expanding or editing them for you. Seems like a good cause.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2012 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Stories about the philandering pilots of interest ?  Wink

IP Logged

DukShooter
Forum Font

Reply #5 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 6:21am
Print Post  
Hit GreenDog up for a few, just don't change a word Grin Grin Grin

The kill is not the bottom line reason for the hunt, but it cannot be removed from the equation
IP Logged

tube
Banned

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #6 - Aug 4th, 2012 at 12:52am
Print Post  
I agree100%with dukshooter .GD's wee  yarns are just beggin for a book.put a packet of aspirin in the back tho for the headaches from laughin so bloody hard Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

willy250

Reply #7 - Mar 19th, 2013 at 8:20am
Print Post  
Book is coming along well now-still need a lot of yarns/stories/ re game shootingetc,if you would like to be included please send to:mlclmwllms@aol.co.uk with a jpeg photo please! Roll Eyes Aiming to publish within the next 6/9 months.

IP Logged

Hughesy
Forum Senior

Reply #8 - Mar 21st, 2013 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
About 12 years ago when i was 22, Three mates and I were planning our opening weekend for duckshooting in the Kaipara Harbour.
As we had a permanent mai-mai in a side creek, we had to work in with the tides. ON checking the tides it was low tide about 8am. So we would never have gotten to the Maimai in time if we had come in via boats from Shelly Beach Wharf.
Ole mate pipes up "hey! there is a island a few hundred meters behind the maimai we could stay on! Its pretty big!"
So the plan it hatched for the entire weekend. Four guys, 2 labradors, few boxes of beer to have after the shooting had finished for the day, some food, gas cooker and all the gear.
Two boats loaded up and we are off on the friday afternoon with thoughts of large amount of mallards dropping in next morning. We get to the maimai, and go about setting up the decoys and getting he final touches on the maimai when it start bucketing down! Im talking heavy heavy rain! The amount of gear we had to carry involved two trips each to the island.
On arriving at the island, its TINY!!! With a large pine tree in the middle! We all look at Colin, who says "hmmm it was bigger when I was a kid".
Set up two tents on pretty bad angles in the rain, and make the last run back to the boats to get the last of the gear.
During my carriage of the two cases of Tui, which by now if falling apart as the cardboard is wet I get a bit lost in the mangroves. So it takes me twice as long to get to the island. Not to mention I slipped on a mangrove and ended up in the mud on my back with cans everywhere!
I finally get to the island and mates have set up the tarpaulin to protect us from the rain. Its the size of a pillowcase!!
SO changing into dry clothes, its dinner time! So i set up the 5kg gas bottle "borrowed" from my old mans calf shed.
On lighting the cooker, we find the flames are coming out of the thread! So we take it apart, put it back together and try again. Same thing, flames coming out of the thread. So we decide NOT to use that!
So cold, uncooked sausages it it!
wet, cold, hungry we go to bed. Having my old Lab next to me snoring didnt help, let alone the angle the tents were on. Bunks would have worked well.
Up at 530, get the gear ready and off we go to the maimai for the 630 start. Tides going out, Decoys are ok. 630 arrives and here we go!!!!! Nothing. Infact no ducks seen for an hour. Mate decides to go check on the two boats. "oh cripes!!" comes out the cry! we go over to find the one of the 12 footers sunk! With my dads new 8hp Yamaha submerged! "Shit!, im dead!!" we get the boat up and bail out the water. The boat was sitting on the mud during the night and got stuck on the mud.
When the tide came in later, with one duck so far, i took the outboard and got dropped off at my truck. Drove an hour into auckland to drop motor off, with instructions to do what ever it takes to save/fix it (save me from dad haha) and I will pick it up next week. All this while in full camo and face paint.
Next into the shops to get more food, back to Helensville. Got a boat back to maimai.
For the weekend, 4 ducks for 4 shooters  Grin
No outboards were harmed in the making of this story hahaha  Grin

Hope this helps, if not hopefully good reading for everyone else  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards