Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Macpac tent question (Read 3330 times)
Aaron B
Forum Senior

Macpac tent question
Mar 21st, 2011 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
Im looking at buying a Macpac Macrolight which uses their Torrentwear XP fabric for the floor, the same as used in the Microlight, Minaret and others. Users of these tents, does the floor let through moisture?

I've been fortunate to have a Fairydown Assualt on loan for the last year and it's an awesome tent, my one major gripe I take away from it is that the floor lets water through as soon as you apply pressure to it.

IP Logged

Elusive1
Ex Member

Sika forever

Re: Macpac tent question
Reply #1 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
I bought a Microlight back in 2003 not sure if it's the same floor material? Never had a problem with it, these days I use a fly.

IP Logged

stu#71
Forum Senior

Reply #2 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 8:32pm
Print Post  
The Minaret works just fine

IP Logged

FlinchedAgain
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 9:05am
Print Post  
The Macrolight has a lighter floor material than the others, IMO the design of the doors are not well thought out, have a look on their website. If it leaks then take it back.

IP Logged

blacksheep

Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
FlinchedAgain wrote on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 9:05am:
The Macrolight has a lighter floor material than the others, IMO the design of the doors are not well thought out, have a look on their website. If it leaks then take it back.

current Macrolight, or first generation macrolight?

**disclosure**blacksheep=moutonnoir&moutonnoir=macpac&fairydown..I am Cam from Macpac

IP Logged

FlinchedAgain
Donor Member

Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
blacksheep wrote on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 5:45pm:
current Macrolight, or first generation macrolight?

Hi Cam, your website says the Macrolights floor material is Torrentwear Light XP  vs the Torrentwear XP on the Minaret, Microlight etc, if its not then Im sure you would know Smiley  The door set up on the Macrolight dont appear to have changed although I could be wrong, I purchased a Macrolight last year but quickly swapped it for a Microlight which Im really happy with.  Good to see the new Macrolights are now Multipitch instead of Swiftpitch.

IP Logged

blacksheep

Reply #6 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 10:11am
Print Post  
FlinchedAgain wrote on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 10:29pm:
Hi Cam, your website says the Macrolights floor material is Torrentwear Light XP  vs the Torrentwear XP on the Minaret, Microlight etc, if its not then Im sure you would know Smiley  The door set up on the Macrolight dont appear to have changed although I could be wrong, I purchased a Macrolight last year but quickly swapped it for a Microlight which Im really happy with.  Good to see the new Macrolights are now Multipitch instead of Swiftpitch.

You are correct about the floor on the macrolight, but I was referring to the doors.  When we re-designed this tent to incorporate multi-pitch we also relocated/redesigned the door arrangement.

**disclosure**blacksheep=moutonnoir&moutonnoir=macpac&fairydown..I am Cam from Macpac

IP Logged

FlinchedAgain
Donor Member

Reply #7 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 10:31am
Print Post  
can you get into it during a thunderstorm without soaking the inside of the tent now?

IP Logged

blacksheep

Reply #8 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 10:36am
Print Post  
FlinchedAgain wrote on Mar 23rd, 2011 at 10:31am:
can you get into it during a thunderstorm without soaking the inside of the tent now?

Via the leeward door yes. The fly now opens at the widest point of the vestibule, and the inner door sits protected under the overlap.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards