Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Turangi Trout Centre (Read 2977 times)
Kiwiken
Forum Guide
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Born to fish

Turangi Trout Centre
Mar 9th, 2011 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
I can hardly believe it! Talk about a slap in the face with a wet fish! The Turangi National Freshwater Aquarium (at the National Trout Centre) refuses to show trout in its new tanks. What sort of politically correct madness is this? And who has hijacked this project? It certainly wasn't in the original design specifications that were signed off. Who are these people accountable to? I know some old fishermen who contributed to this Centre who will be spinning in their graves right now.

Turangi aquarium snubs trout
Wed, 9 Mar 2011

A new freshwater aquarium in Turangi has banned the region's famed trout in favour of a range of native fish species.

The $750,000 Turangi National Freshwater Aquarium will open on Friday at the national trout hatchery, 3km south of Turangi.

Native fish and introduced aquatic pests have been released into 10 viewing tanks but visitors should not expect to see trout in the tanks.

The aquarium's purpose was to show visitors the range of fish in rivers and streams in New Zealand, Turangi Taupo fishery manager Glenn MacLean told the Dominion Post.

Trout could still be seen in the outdoor hatchery pond nearby.

About 50,000 visitors are expected to view the complex each year.

NZPA

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Mike H
Forum Font

Re: Turangi Trout Centre
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 10:07pm
Print Post  
I've seen enough trout and can see them whenever I want. What I haven't seen buggar all of though if the type of fish they're gonna show.

I don't have an issue with it. I'll go there and have a look if I'm ever up that way.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards