Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Kaingaroa Forest open for fishing for two weeks. (Read 21323 times)
BTMO
Forum Font

Show them you care. Stalk
them.

Re: Kaingaroa Forest open for fishing for two weeks.
Reply #15 - Mar 20th, 2011 at 10:19pm
Print Post  
pennyless wrote on Mar 20th, 2011 at 8:46am:
So much for the publics guaranted  recreational access. Yeah right  Cry

What were the actual terms of the guarantee? If it was free access, fish and game can take them to court. And win.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an id10t. (Steven Wright)

IP Logged

Kiwiken
Forum Guide
Staff
Online Forum Guide

Born to fish

Reply #16 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
Given that S26zn of the CLRA states that it is an offense to charge for the right to fish, what exactly are you purchasing when you rock up with your fishing gear? Has anyone asked for a receipt detailing what was purchased, including a GST Number?

Trouble is F&G are scared to prosecute in case they lose. And Ministers Carter (Walking Access Commission) and Wilkinson (Conservation) have said that they see nothing wrong with charging for access to private property. Carter even says he sees nothing wrong with charging for fishing, despite it being prohibited by a law he is bound to enforce. Looks like we have the wrong crowd in control in Wellington. But it is an democracy, and you can do something about that.  Wink

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

hairy
Forum Font

Member of Fishnhunt since

Reply #17 - Mar 21st, 2011 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
When you work it out its bit of a rip off allright.  Paying $50 for unlimited access over 11 weekends of upland bird shooting... it works out to $4 a weekend.  I wouldn't for-go my Cappachino this week for that.  Or we could work it out on a per hectare basis... $50 devided by 19,000...  That seems quite expensive as well really. 

At the end of the day its a privaty owned forest who puts up with people vandilising trees, stealing deisel, growing drugs, burning cars.....  And we want something for nothing.... Roll Eyes

I am filing out my GBH form tonight and will post some reports.

"The universe and human stupidity are the only two things that are infinite; and I am unsure about the first" Albert Einstien
YouTube  
IP Logged

JAKDanby
Forum Font

Reply #18 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 12:27pm
Print Post  
I was thinking along the same lines Hairy.

$50 will be saved by hunting Kaingaroa as all other spots are further away and consequently more gas money.

If you get 10 hogs for the season, which some guys will get on the opening weekend
thats $5/hog.

Im sure other users wont mind if people have boycotts, more animals/birds/fish for themselves. Good deal, you can chase upland birds, trout, hogs, sambar and reds all for the fee.

A particular virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter has no gallery to applaud or disaprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience...- Aldo Leopold

IP Logged

hairy
Forum Font

Reply #19 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Yeah and there are 18 bird hunting weekends, not 11.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Having access every weekend to Whirinaki instead of having to get a access permit is usefull as well.

"The universe and human stupidity are the only two things that are infinite; and I am unsure about the first" Albert Einstien
YouTube  
IP Logged

duck-kila
Forum Senior

to  hunt and fish

Reply #20 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
taken from latest Fish & Game  Reel Life

Good news about the forestry access for fishing the upper Rangitaiki river, Flaxy lake & whao canal. Fishing & hunting access permits for Kaingaroa forest can be obtained from Independent Security Consultants Ltd, 66 Tawera Rd, Rotorua, Ph 07 347 8880. These will begin 1st May 2011 to 25th September 2011 and also provide access at other times should there be low fire danger during the fire season. There is a now a cost of $50 involved. Please go to Timberlands Limited web site for up to date access information @ www.tll.co.nz Anglers should note that if you only require fishing access it is only the driver/vehicle that has to be registered. Passengers do not need to register, but their names are to be included on the permits. Therefore no registration fee applies to passengers for fishing access.

oh and a way we go
IP Logged

johnd
Donor Member

I Love The smell of gunpowder

Reply #21 - Apr 2nd, 2011 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
But are they permited to fish ( passengers)? Application I have stated all persons over 15 need a permit. (Cant check it now its in the post)

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #22 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
you are wasting your 50.00 because they will be closed more than open... like right now Kiangaroa is closed... to both fishing and hunting...... if its too dry now when will it be ok..like middle of winter on a wet day!!!!

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
Book. Born to The Outdoors http://www.alan-simmons.com/book
IP Logged

Doug Stevens
Donor Member

UnitedFuture spokesman
for Outdoor Recreation.

Reply #23 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Despite what has happened there is something we all can do and that is vote for UNitedFuture at the next election. I am number 2 on the lsit and Aalan Simmons (who you all know) is at number 5. All we need is 3.6% of the party vote to go to UnitedFuture and we will both get into parliament. What a real chance to do somehting and make Timberlands and others start to obey the laws that were written to so ensure there was access fro all to places like the Kaingaroa and Rangitaiki.

Dont give up....give us your vote. Party Vote UnitedFuture. A votefor us is a vote for the outdoors.

Party Vote UnitedFuture

IP Logged

hairy
Forum Font

Reply #24 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
How far up the priority list do you think getting the road fixed would be Doug?  I am on the fence at the moment with UF.... With all the good intentions in the world I still think outdoor recreation might get pushed to the back of other more important things... but if you can garantee me that you will fix the Waipunga washout I will give you a vote.... Undecided Roll Eyes

YouTube  
IP Logged

Distant Stalker
Forum Font

Finem Respice

Reply #25 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 1:02am
Print Post  
I Where did the old Kaingaroa thread go? cant find it was wanting to see if submissions got momentum

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards