Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Entropion (Read 340 times)
Kawhia
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Entropion
Oct 29th, 2010 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
i've had a pup i bred develop this condition.
from my side of the line there is no previous eye problems and the sire was a complete outcross, how common is this condition ?

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. Performance indicates what the animal actually is."

IP Logged

ghost of ethos
Ex Member

Re: Entropion
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2010 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Very common in some breeds like sharpeis, rotties, reasonably common in other large breeds too.
Just opped a cat today which had entropion of one lower eyelid, its not particularly common in felines tho.

Edit: There is a good paper on a subscription site which i dont think i can post here, but generally speaking:
"Of the 100 canine breeds included in a recent ACVO publication on heritable ocular diseases, 34 were predisposed to entropion. Several genes defining eyelid structure, globe-orbit relationship, and facial skin are predisposing factors. Examples of conformation that predispose to entropion include the narrow palpebral fissure of the Chow, the deeply set eye of the Golden retriever, and the Shar Pei's redundant facial folds"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards