Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Tent? (Read 4389 times)
Luke.S
Forum Font

Tent?
Oct 26th, 2010 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Hi Guys,
I'm looking to buy a new tent for this summer so I can do a few camping trips around the place.
I want a tent that is about 1.5-2 kgs, packs up relatively small and has enough room inside so that when it is put up I can fit my tramping pack etc inside when i'm sleeping. I havn't got a huge amount of $ to spend but would still like something reasonably good.
Can anyone recommend anything?
Cheers for any help.

IP Logged

P38
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Tent?
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Warehouse North Face tents heap as and good as too.

1 man tent about 1kg, less than $50.

I own two of these tents and while I wouldn't use them in winter alpine conditions or exposed gale force winds they have proved to be good enough to keep me dry in heavy rain on several occasions.

Save yourself mega dollars and check them out you'll be surprised at how well made they are.

If you dont like it then just take it back.

IP Logged

stu#71
Forum Senior

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Macpac Minaret, some good deals on at moment

IP Logged

Tikka T3 270WSM
Forum Font

Ex 243 the ultimate caliber

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 7:31pm
Print Post  
coleman spirit2 tent. Weigh under 2kg ,sleeps 2, 5 year warrenty and only $220 from handf

IP Logged

stag
Forum Font

6.5 x .284 - A-Maxed

Reply #4 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
I've just changed from a bivy to a Macpac Microlight for the reason that you identified. I purchased on special for $350 and am very happy with it. weighs 1.6kg

I looked at tents from overseas and by the time you added the footprint they were no lighter. Kiwis have a bad habbit of looking offshore for this type of gear when we have good quality gear at a resonable price when on special....wait for a special Smiley

Always go high, animals don't look up.

IP Logged

Patunui

Reply #5 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 9:43am
Print Post  
P38 that is really interesting. So many people look at the high cost options... which are granted if you've one got the money and if you are going to be above the bush line and in some really shitty weather.

Is the tent you have a Navigator South Hiker tent?  Smiley
http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/catalog/product/Navigator-South-Hiker-Tent-1-P...

IP Logged

FlinchedAgain
Donor Member

Reply #6 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
stag wrote on Oct 27th, 2010 at 7:55pm:
I've just changed from a bivy to a Macpac Microlight for the reason that you identified. I purchased on special for $350 and am very happy with it. weighs 1.6kg

I looked at tents from overseas and by the time you added the footprint they were no lighter. Kiwis have a bad habbit of looking offshore for this type of gear when we have good quality gear at a resonable price when on special....wait for a special Smiley

I bought a Microlight as well same price. there are lighter tents about, but their floors arnt as durable like you said. The Microlight has a bit more floor space than most 1 man tents as well

IP Logged

GWH
Forum Font

Reply #7 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
I picked up a DMH Hikelite Huon 2 man adventure on special for $157, should arrive tomorrow, hopefully it should be fine for where i go.

It sounds like it should be ok, but time will tell. Was worth the punt at that price.

IP Logged

BC
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #8 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 11:06pm
Print Post  
Luke. Seeming you are young and starting out, you can have this for $50 if you want. Time payment is ok.

Same as a Mac Pac micro light. Great little tent. Cost me $200 a few years ago. Perfect condition. Will do everything you want.
Its a Great Outdoors Solitude.

PM me if interested.

Cheers
BC

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #9 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Good on ya BC.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

Luke.S
Forum Font

Reply #10 - Oct 29th, 2010 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Hi BC,
Cheers for the really generous offer, but I have just lined up a tent for the time being so I am covered for the next little while. Again thanks for the offer  Cool.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards