Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Terra Nova Tents? (Read 1373 times)
BC
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Terra Nova Tents?
Aug 5th, 2010 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
Anyone know anything about the NZ agent? Reliable?

What about the tents? They get good reviews on the internet.

I'm mildly interested in the Superlite Quasar ($700)

http://www.terranovatents.co.nz/products.cfm?cid=223

Thanks

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

tramper
Donor Member

Re: Terra Nova Tents?
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Of course Ive got one. Mines the Laser Competition which I think is a better tent than the MSR Hubba. 1st thing you have to do is throw away the pegs it comes with and get some decent ones.

"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist.  I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them.  I shall use my time." -Jack London

IP Logged

Max
Donor Member

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2010 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Looks good....bit of a heavy sucker though?

IP Logged

BC
Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2010 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Max wrote on Aug 7th, 2010 at 5:00pm:
Looks good....bit of a heavy sucker though?

Were you looking at the Superlite listing Max?

Cheers

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.......

IP Logged

Vanman
Donor Member

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2010 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
They used to be good tents when they were Wild Country, and were made in the UK.

Then I think they started making them in Asia like everyone else (i.e. Macpac, Fairydown etc).

I got confused for a while though, because Kathmandu were (still are?) selling a range of tents identical to the Wild Country Trisar, Quasar etc.

Now they are back as Terranova.

On a different note, I've come to the conclusion that up to a point, it doens't much matter how much you spend on a tent, as long as it does what you want, as generally, what kills most tents that get a lot of use in NZ is the UV.

If you are going to use a tent lots, and kill it in a year or three, what does it matter if you get the $1000 big brand name, or the $300 cheapy as long as it has the size/strength/stability/weatherproofness you want?

That said, after going through 2 lightweight Mountain Hardware tents cycle touring in Europe, we bought a silicon nylon Vaude with an external pole frame, and it is awesome.

Who knew having kids was soooo expensive??!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards