Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A Dog With a Sense Of Humour?? (Read 7467 times)
steveh054
Forum Senior

Rugers are Shit

A Dog With a Sense Of Humour??
Jul 29th, 2010 at 6:02am
Print Post  
Imagine this!!  a dog with a sense of humour.
Here is the scene and build up......... Wife and I are out shooting Possums one balmy summer evening along with her dog which is a Border Collie X Bull Terrier. As a pup he stuck his nose into the belly of a possum which was playing ...well..... possum I suppose, of course the Possum came to life and wrapped itself around the Pups nose and gave said pup a helluva fright which took him  2 years to get over, he would not even look at a Possum, and then just out of the blue one night he suddenly bailed out of the truck and jumped about 6 foot up a tree and caught one and gave it a good thrashing and never looked back from that point. This particular night, Dog was fetching Possums as they were shot from the trees and doing a fine job, with me giving him all the encouragement you give your dog for learning a new job and doing it well, until the last one, which seemed to take ages for him to bring back, but he finally came out of the bush with possum in mouth and tail wagging and put it in my hand as he had just learned to do that night and then stepped back and sat down and watched as the Possum suddenly came back to life and stripped my right arm as it raced up to my shoulder and onto my head. I swear that friggin dog was laughing his guts out at this sight, he was literally rolling around and yipping like a mad thing. I was threshing around trying to dislodge my unwanted guest and Dog decided to take a hand and jumped up my back grabbing the Possum by the tail and hauling it off my head. Needless to say, being a warm summer night there was no Beanie or no hat on my head which was now scored like a plowed paddock and bleeding down my neck from that f.....g  dog pulling the Possum off me. Once again the dog went into hysterics rolling around and yipping ( I have never seen the likes) so much, the possum  escaped into the bush never to be seen again. This friggen dog, from that night night on,decided that the best way for him to get a laugh, was to catch live possums and let them go in the back of my Toyota Surf and sit back and watch the fun as the Missus (and me) would pull up in the middle of the road and bail out and try to deal with it. Brave as you might be, in the dark of night when all is quiet in the car, suddenly there is a live Possum doing cartwheels and acrobatics all over the inside of the car, it scares the living shit out of you!!! While we would be chasing the possum and trying to get hold of it to get the bastard out, the bloody dog would sit in the truck with his head hanging out the window yipping at the madness going on around him. I swear this is true and the bloody dog was laughing.
On another occassion, looking through the open kitchen window, I spotted the dog out on the lawn, watching our old large and battle scarred ginger Tomcat stretched out on the lawn sunning himself, the friggen dog sneaked up behind the old cat and grabbed him by the tail and ran backwards as fast as he could go, then let the cat go and bolted. The cat came around spitting sparks and attacked the nearest thing it saw, which just happened to be youngest son who was about 10 years old at the time and shit, did that cat give him a doing over. The dog rolled around the lawn yipping. I couldn't help my son because I was pissing myself laughing at the antics then the f.......g cat leaped through the window and attacked me for christ sakes. My scars from the Possum had not long healed and there I was beaten up by a friggen cat and wounded again and my stupid Missus laughing her ass off. All this happened about 10 years ago and my Missus still can't tell anyone about it without going into hysterics. The silly cow.
Dog went on to become an excellent hunting dog and best friend, but sadly had to be put down when he got cancer at 7 years of age.There are several stories about this mutt and he is quite famous for his sense of humour around the town where I live. Like going to the Service Station at lunch time to be fed, and if no one gave him anything he would swipe a Cookie off the counter and go back into their smoko room and have lunch with them anyway. He'd sneak up behind female tourists at the Service Station (which was the port of call for all going into the Township) and wait for them to turn around and the give a loud bark, which caused many of them to need the toilet instantly. The Service Station owner thought this was a great laugh.
He was quite a large dog and looked scary and had a deep penetrating bark. I never actually saw him do these things but was told by the owner of the Service Station

IP Logged

bowhunta

Re: A Dog With a Sense Of Humour??
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 8:37am
Print Post  
man that sounds like it was a cool dog Smiley

IP Logged

Fat Harry
Donor Member

TC Venture 308

Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 9:13am
Print Post  
man that is choice, great read. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Too old Too Fat Too slow - he was a great dog

IP Logged

12pointer
Forum Font

You haven't shot many,
if you havent missed
a few.

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
Grin Grin Grin sounds like a dog with real personality as some do.

If ya fall to the ground when ya got a possom sitting on ya head it will jump straight off.... trust me been there, done that, learned that trick early on in life Wink

IP Logged

Sako75
Forum Font

Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Grin Grin Grin Sorry, all I can do is laugh. Great story

As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder. 
- John Glenn

IP Logged

JoshC
Forum Font

Reply #5 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Awesome yarn mate....bloody good value  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

blackbunny
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #6 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 8:13am
Print Post  
Hard case.  Grin Grin

If you believed in reincarnation you would swear he was Greendog in a previous life.  Grin Grin Grin

Dear Noah,
We could have sworn you said the ark wasn't leaving till 5.
Sincerely, Unicorns

IP Logged

bigbang

Reply #7 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Great laugh. thanks steve!

A man begins cutting his wisdom teeth the first time he bites off more than he can chew.

IP Logged

EC
Forum Font

Reply #8 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
Grin Grin Cool sounds a hard case alright.

Wrinkles are the map of your soulful journey,,,you'd be lost without them,,

IP Logged

shankspony
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Aug 8th, 2010 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Grin classic

IP Logged

7mil08
Forum Font

Don't Go Pig Hunting In
Deer Country

Reply #10 - Aug 8th, 2010 at 4:25am
Print Post  
Hard case.  Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Sikakila
Donor Member

'Every day above ground..is
a good day!

Reply #11 - Aug 8th, 2010 at 6:17am
Print Post  
Awesome stuff mate! Cool

IP Logged

Old Jack

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #12 - May 10th, 2011 at 9:25am
Print Post  
Gidday

bowhunta wrote on Jul 29th, 2010 at 8:37am:
man that sounds like it was a cool dog Smiley

Like  bloody hell.  That is a real HOT DOG!

IP Logged

TAHRCRAZY
Forum Senior

A bad day hunting still
beats a good day working

Reply #13 - May 11th, 2011 at 7:53am
Print Post  
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
great story... awsome dog

" early to bed early to rise hunt like hell and make up lies !!! "

IP Logged

Tori
Ex Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #14 - May 12th, 2011 at 6:35am
Print Post  
The poor cat Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards