Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) GUN CITY SHOTGUNS (Read 4126 times)
stewey1
Donor Member

Re: GUN CITY SHOTGUNS
Reply #15 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 4:45am
Print Post  
dont waste your time with those heaps of shite, terrible clunky cheap are a few words that spring to mind, guncity is a rip off I would avoid them like the plague, They quoted me $500 for nightforce rings jesus!! and I havent been back since.

remington 870 arnt a bad bang for the buck give it a good inspection and make sure the choke is in straight before buying though, mavericks and the mossy 500s and 590s are good aswell. I have a maverick thats my hack and it never misses a beat I tend to use it over my more expensive pumps

IP Logged

wttmf
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 4:48am
Print Post  
I would rather buy a second hand Rem 870 than a new GC 870 copy. It would cost the same.

IP Logged

sidelock
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #17 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 5:10am
Print Post  
I think that it would be a good gun for salt water and if you work the action it will become smooth.I agree that a second hand 870 is a bargin duck gun.

IP Logged

Ernie
Donor Member

Bugger. never trust your
safety catch

Reply #18 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 6:30am
Print Post  
I'm selling a 20g 870 youth gun if anyone interested. $500

GTalk  
IP Logged

Beavis
Forum Font

Eighter's are for haters

Reply #19 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 7:55am
Print Post  
mavericks are the best budget pump shotguns on the market IMO. i've put probably 3000 odd rounds through like 4 or 5 different mavs and could count the number of stoppages on both hands. id pick the short 7+1 shot model - superb pest destruction machine, especially when using out of a vehicle. plus will look the part in the zombie apocalypse Grin

get the mav for a hack/general purpose blaster, save your coin for a nicer gun if your thinking ducks and clays.

IP Logged

katipo
Forum Senior

Reply #20 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 8:26am
Print Post  
Ive got a H & R 12g pump, hasn't done a heap of work, maybe 350 rounds. Quite heavy and very solid and seems to be getting better and smoother the more I use it.
Not the best shotty in the world but for $250 I paid it's alot of gun for the money.
Total 870 rip off, does the job.

IP Logged

willowgrub
Forum Font

if you dont fish or hunt
i dont wanna know

Reply #21 - Dec 1st, 2010 at 8:51am
Print Post  
MassiveAttack wrote on Apr 26th, 2010 at 8:10am:
Most of the american reviews say that the norinco 870 copy is improvement on the remmingron 870.  Something about a metal trigger guard and twin guide rods??  The budget end of the american gun market is fairly shitty these days so I could believe it.

I wouldn't believe the american reviews when they say that its an improvemen ,I wouldn't even buy a gun from china. Whereas you could buy a secondhand quality gun that would last you a lifetime
Wink

Ruger m77 hawkeye 308.

IP Logged

Rusty Shackleford
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:37am
Print Post  
When GC had their Auckland sale this year I brought a GC870 for $275.I have had no probs with it and seems sturdier and less rattly than a maverick and a better and shorter pump IMHO.
I also have a Remington 870 wingmaster and you can see how the GC is a copy-just cheaply made though.The GC870 can get knocked around,rained on,and abused and lent out while the real 870 stays clean at home.You get what yee pays for! Smiley

IP Logged

Beavis
Forum Font

Eighter's are for haters

Reply #23 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 9:46am
Print Post  
are the GC guns made by norinco?

IP Logged

Rusty Shackleford
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Dec 2nd, 2010 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Yep pretty sure they still are.

IP Logged

TwoHedWlf

Reply #25 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
I picked up a magtech 586 a little while ago off Trademe for $150,  it's a replica of the remington 870 also apparently.  Only fired 3 rounds through it though, I'll take it to the range again next week and put more holes through some boxes or something.Smiley

IP Logged

Beavis
Forum Font

Eighter's are for haters

Reply #26 - Dec 3rd, 2010 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
combat style shotguns = a hell of a lot of fun Grin

IP Logged

Richard Prosser

Reply #27 - Jul 14th, 2018 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Apologies for awakening on old tired thread from it's slumber, but.....has anything changed regarding the quality of GC/Ranger shotties in the last few years?

I have a gap in my safe that needs filling with a short 12ga pump. Have a Mossberg 930SPX 18.5", looking at Maverick and Ranger for an accompanying pump.

IP Logged

Varmint
Forum Font

Reply #28 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
No idea about the quality of the guns.

But I refuse to buy anything from Gun City mainly because of their turning a blind eye to that guy Edwards, who was obviously up to no good, buying 50 Ruger 10/22s, 50 folding stocks and big magazines all for cash with only an A cat licence.

There's a 20 inch Mossberg Maverick 88 on Trademe at the moment for $300 buy now.

IP Logged

Micky Duck
Donor Member

You shot it..You pluck
it

Reply #29 - Jul 16th, 2018 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
I cant fault my harrington richardson pump of similar pricing.... the gun shitty ones are a rip off of remington.... there is always good quality 2nd hand ones on trademe. winchester pumps (1300 I think it is) and older remingtons are awesome ...sometimes you will even pick up winchester defender riot gun for reasonable price......

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards