Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What is the best gun for beginners? (Read 2708 times)
paddleordie
Ex Member

Re: What is the best gun for beginners?
Reply #15 - Feb 28th, 2010 at 6:31am
Print Post  
Hi there

Good to see your Keen, When I was up in auckland I went the the waitakere smallbore club often. They are sport shooters as apposed to Target shooters. they are very informal and have a few young ones there.
I found all were happy to give advise and most used hunting .22's rather than target rifels. go and see them and you should quickley get a handle on what is best for you.

ROB Wink

IP Logged

Miggie

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #16 - Feb 28th, 2010 at 6:34am
Print Post  
nothing wrong with a ruger .22lr semi, it's a keeper.

IP Logged

gooseman
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #17 - Feb 28th, 2010 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Lincon217 as others have said join a club with like minded people and get used to firing a smallbore gun in a safe supervised place.
I can recomend the Norinco rifles.as I am a profesional firearms user I have two a jw15A and a Jw23 both great guns used 5 days a week never miss a beat no problems and very accurate rifles. Only problem is the clown pointing them at times Grin oh and they don't like being run over like my first one Cheesy. good to see you are keen it will all happen one step at a time. Good luck

IP Logged

Lincoln217
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Mar 1st, 2010 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Okay thanks you guys

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards