Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Wiggle Dub (Read 747 times)
Alex B

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Wiggle Dub
Feb 11th, 2010 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Anyone used this?
Got hold of some last night and whipped up a few hare and coppers, but its really difficult to get it to dub like normal and have all the rubber bits sticking out, Undecided
Have just read up on "dubbing loops" so will give that a crack tonight, but if anyone has used it and has some cunning tricks???

IP Logged

Nick

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Wiggle Dub
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2010 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Hey Alex

If it's the same stuff I use I get a bit of valcro ( the rough side ) and glue a bit on a fine piece of wood or metal. I then run the valcro bit over the fly and under it to pull some of the rubber bits out. Sometimes I end up with the rubber bits folding over on themselves so I just cut them so they become separate pieces. I find this is all I need. Others will have better ways I'm sure.

BTW I also use the 'valcro tool' for making hare fur flies look a bit more buggy as well.

Cheers
Nick

IP Logged

The Badger
Forum Font

'Badger on the other hand,
he's basically a bum'

Re: Wiggle Dub
Reply #2 - Feb 11th, 2010 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Yeah dubbing loops work pretty well. Otherwise try tying it really sparsely.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards