Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) When seeking shooting permission (Read 45634 times)
rabbiter
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: When seeking shooting permission
Reply #90 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 12:14am
Print Post  
headcase wrote on Jul 26th, 2013 at 8:55pm:
I think a wallaby ate him.  Cry

A wild pig bit me not long ago does that count ? Smiley

IP Logged

rabbiter
Forum Font

Reply #91 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 12:16am
Print Post  
ex-rabbithunter wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 7:10am:
Rabbiter always had great advice.  Sadly he got his boxers in a twist and hasn't been on since..

I know you are reading this rabbiter!!

Come back and teach the newbies, you were well liked on here. Just dont take shit from headcase or chris or Oscar!!

I do sneak in from time to time ,to check how you guys are going & I just had to smile at your post mate .

IP Logged

Tarrbaby
Just Joined

Reply #92 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 4:49am
Print Post  
lots of great info.

Managed to pick up another farm over the weekend. Have shot there a couple of times and always let the farmer know how I get on. Was talking to him on Friday and he said "you do realise you dont have to ask everytime you want to come up, just text me so I know that you are here"

IP Logged

KScott_NZ
Forum Font

Reply #93 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 7:16am
Print Post  
Tarrbaby wrote on Jul 30th, 2013 at 4:49am:
lots of great info.

Managed to pick up another farm over the weekend. Have shot there a couple of times and always let the farmer know how I get on. Was talking to him on Friday and he said "you do realise you dont have to ask everytime you want to come up, just text me so I know that you are here"

Congrats, those farms are worth their weight in gold. Don't forget the farmer come Xmas  Wink

IP Logged

ex-rabbithunter
Donor Member

Reply #94 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 7:46am
Print Post  
rabbiter wrote on Jul 30th, 2013 at 12:16am:
I do sneak in from time to time ,to check how you guys are going & I just had to smile at your post mate .

Im in hospital recovering from my heart attack rabbiter!! Great to see you back.

I see aunty Chris got his knickers in a knot about my previous post, if he didn't take that as a bit of a joke he should maybe arrange to see Mr Kim Dotcom!

But in what was orginally said and all the following is what farmers think etc. Some of you are "townies" so need to know how country folk work, and in Rabbiters and mine and others responses will help you a lot to approach farmers.

"the only good Wallaby is a dead one"

IP Logged

rabbiter
Forum Font

Reply #95 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 9:30am
Print Post  
ex-rabbithunter wrote on Jul 30th, 2013 at 7:46am:
Im in hospital recovering from my heart attack rabbiter!! Great to see you back.

I see aunty Chris got his knickers in a knot about my previous post, if he didn't take that as a bit of a joke he should maybe arrange to see Mr Kim Dotcom!

But in what was orginally said and all the following is what farmers think etc. Some of you are "townies" so need to know how country folk work, and in Rabbiters and mine and others responses will help you a lot to approach farmers.

hey IM very sorry to hear that bad news ,hope theres no long term damage done & you make a fast recovery mate .

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #96 - Jul 30th, 2013 at 9:33am
Print Post  
ex-rabbithunter wrote on Jul 30th, 2013 at 7:46am:

Some people will do anything for a bit of attention.  Cheesy

Seriously? Now youve really got me worried, guy with a life style like yours gets a heart attack.?  Tongue

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

etrain
Just Joined

Reply #97 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 7:41am
Print Post  
Hi guys

Just wanted to drop a thank you message on here. Followed the advise outlined in this thread and secured a place to cull bunnies. Being in an area where it is a little harder to find a shooting spot, I can't be happier. Cheers

aim,take the safety off...and dance

IP Logged

ex-rabbithunter
Donor Member

Reply #98 - Oct 19th, 2013 at 7:43am
Print Post  
etrain wrote on Oct 19th, 2013 at 7:41am:
Hi guys

Just wanted to drop a thank you message on here. Followed the advise outlined in this thread and secured a place to cull bunnies. Being in an area where it is a little harder to find a shooting spot, I can't be happier. Cheers

Welcome to the forum, good to see the wise old buggers on here are able to pass on their knowledge

"the only good Wallaby is a dead one"

IP Logged

Tararuaphil
Just Joined

Reply #99 - Jun 11th, 2014 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
And that someone is successfull applying it.---well done "Etrain" Wink

IP Logged

Thewoodman
Forum Senior

chop them up!!

Reply #100 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 2:58am
Print Post  
I'm getting sick of the threads.... were can I go hunting in.... add Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington etc etc etc.

IP Logged

Pineapple271

Reply #101 - Sep 30th, 2015 at 9:38pm
Print Post  
Sad to say my first oost on here was one of those 'where can I go hunting..' Haha have since learned and have sorted myself 4 blocks to hunt on. As previously said if you shoot something let the owner know and maybe drop him off a backsteak or leg or something. I'm only 17 and one guy was a bit skeptical about givin me acess so he gave me acess for a day to see how I went.shot a deer and gave him a back leg. Know I have the keys for the gate. A little gift/ respect goes a long way

IP Logged

Tommo mk2

Je Suis Prest

Reply #102 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Over the weekend I dropped off a bottle of wine, fresh baking courtesy of the missus and a card to a cocky on whose property I hunt ducks and bunnies. Merry Xmas, thanks for letting us hunt, I said. Took one of my three youngsters with me and he later asked why we give the farmer and his wife so much (we drop off fresh baking once a month or so).
'Mate', I said, 'by doing this, you're showing respect and gratitude and in doing so, possibly setting yourself up to be allowed to hunt here for the rest of your life.' He got it, and then suggested he mows their lawn !  Wink

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #103 - Dec 22nd, 2015 at 2:47am
Print Post  
Asking honestly without coming on strong about how youll solve all his pest problems is the best policy.. I find it productive to just ask if there is a patch somewhere you could hone your skills on. Being humble  is always better than being arrogant.

The other thing is to shoot it alone for a while before asking if you can bring 20 MATES WITH YOU .. that doesn't usually go off to well. Grin

Glad to hear you guys are having some success.

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”
IP Logged

rabbiter
Forum Font

Reply #104 - Dec 22nd, 2015 at 7:39am
Print Post  
I had a rabbit bolt out from under a tight heap of branches today .He travelled around the back of the tractor shed and went to shoot under a small garden shed on skids .He was almost under it when I took the shot ,yep got him but blew a bit of tin off the bottom of iron just above ground level .Later the farmer arrived home ,so after he asked how had I done & all the rest of the small talk ,I took him over and pointed out the damage & said sorry ,to which he replyed " nothing major ,don't worry about that ,no real damage done ,.......did you get the rabbit ?" .Now anybody can make a mistake however its what you after you have made a boo boo is what counts ,be up front at all times .It pays in the long run ,sure in this case, he may not of noticed for days ,weeks or even years however doing the right thing is by far ALWAYS the best bet .

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards