Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) When seeking shooting permission (Read 45617 times)
hunta223rem
Just Joined

speak softly but carry
a big stick

Re: When seeking shooting permission
Reply #105 - Dec 13th, 2016 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
as a farmer all the previous advice sounds brilliant
we often have people turn up asking to shoot

if we turn anyone down its generally because they look dodgy ie just came back from vietnam and forgot to change.
or
theres already someone who comes shooting on a regular basis

theres some good guys out there
a few years back we had a guy bring his teenage sons out to teach them to shoot (targets etc)
20mins later hes back up the house asking for help to get one of our cows out of a drain
it was much appreciated and as a consequence we handed him a 303 and told him to take his sons down the back paddock and get a deer for themselves which they did
a week later he turned up with a box of beer and a cake from his wife
they have since turned into some great friends
moral of this story is
treat any farmers place as if its your own and be helpful and who knows what may come of it.you may be pleasantly surprised

real guns start with a .4

IP Logged

Rusky19
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #106 - Feb 9th, 2017 at 10:30am
Print Post  
Hi i live around the Wanganui area. Plenty of farmland surrounding this place. Im wondering if a letter drop would be a way to go about getting permission. or is that just to informal and most likely to find its way in the bin ? Best bet just to door knock ? Cheers for help. Tips are great

IP Logged

Devcampbell
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #107 - Apr 16th, 2017 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Great thread this. I made up fliers and dropped them in some letterboxes asking to go for a shoot with a .22 was very suprised with the response! Now I'm flat out shootin bunnies, the dog is stoked! I wonder if it's worked so well as it's less invasive than an unexpected knock on the door? Less pressure than having to give an answer on the spot...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards