Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Rounds. (Read 10202 times)
the claw
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Rounds.
Reply #15 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
muzr257 wrote on Feb 4th, 2009 at 1:40pm:
did anyone notice that The Claws 577 T-Rex has a shoulder but the cartridge in the other photos did not??
Methinks there is a plot afoot my dear watson Grin Grin

Just looked back on that Muzr. My round is definately a 577 t-rex A square round (according to the headstamp anyway). I reckon that other round is a 700 Nitro?

IP Logged

muzr257

Overkill never fails!

Reply #16 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 10:23am
Print Post  
Yeh when you look at it in his hand it seems mighty large - not that i am saying the 577 is a pip squeak Shocked

Beware the man with only one gun, for he be a sad c#nt

IP Logged

Model Seven
Forum Font

FishNhunt - Much more
interesting than the
missus

Reply #17 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Crzy man please please PLEASE tell me you have a rifle chambered for that 14.5mm monster?  Shocked Grin

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is." - Yogi Berra

IP Logged

the claw
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #18 - Mar 5th, 2009 at 11:20am
Print Post  
He doesn't... There has been one made in NZ for an oversea's customer (don't know anything more about this thought). There was a thread in the long range section about it - I think it was called 14.5mm longranger (or something similar)

IP Logged

muzza
Donor Member

Older and grumpier

Reply #19 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
The joy of wildcat cartridge collecting is that just cos the headstamp says ".577 T-REX " it doesnt mean thats what you have....

Identifying wildcat cartridges is the hardest task , so many are made by one guy for his rifle , but they are still legitimate calibres in their own right . I probably have a couple of hundred wildcats , but can only positively identify 2/3rds of them  Undecided.There are a few good books on wildcats , handy to have but usually expensive to buy.

The most impressive Wildcats I have would probably be the .725 Jongmans or the .600 Overkill if you are into big bores...  Smiley

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards