Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) So who are we  all? (Read 57894 times)
RobJ
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: So who are we  all?
Reply #240 - May 26th, 2015 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Rob, crazy geeza from Welly!
Been using the forums as a guest for a long time, thought it was best to get the feet wet and register!

IP Logged

el_trout_whisperer
Forum Senior

Embracing nature's beat
down with Spartan reserve

Reply #241 - May 31st, 2015 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Welcome to the forum Rob. It's a big first step to make that first post here in Angler's Anonymous. Congrats.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Captain Bowman
Just Joined

Living the dream

Reply #242 - Jul 5th, 2015 at 5:46am
Print Post  
Gedday you people of the long white cloud.
My name is Carl and I am from the main land,ha ha.
Semi retied now and just like getting into the bush with my trad bow and coming over there to fly fish.
Have been over to New Zealand 3 times now and looking forward to returning.
Carl.

Living the dream

IP Logged

F.Robert
Just Joined

Who cares about rain?
I am not made from sugar

Reply #243 - Jul 6th, 2015 at 1:53am
Print Post  
Hi there,
My name is Robert and I am from North Sweden. Recently moved to NZ and are planning to stay here for the upcoming 30 months.
I enjoy all types of fishing and hunting and I am looking forward to try it in this amazing country  Cool

Hopefully I will have time to hone my skills as a fly fisherman here. Currently staying in Auckland however that might change depending on where I manage to find work.

If anyone is interested in knowing more about fishing in Scandinavia I am more than happy to share what I know.

Cheers
Rob.

IP Logged

Scrapper
Donor Member

Reply #244 - Jul 20th, 2015 at 10:28am
Print Post  
Gidday lads My name is Dale and live in Rakaia.Hopefully bump into a couple of you fellow forum members on the river or up at the lakes one day happy fishing everyone cheers.

IP Logged

Asher
Just Joined

Any fish, Anywhere!

Reply #245 - Aug 4th, 2015 at 9:05am
Print Post  
haha i love the way everyone pays tribute to that great part of the country with which they live.
Me.. well my name is Asher Morley, grew up flyfishing in Hawkes Bay, Tukituki, Puketiritiri, Ngaruroro and the Mohaka. Great start to life fishing these areas!
Now i live in the cold miserable Waikato next to what the locals call a river (Waikato) pulling black and gold toby's through the murk hoping for a malnourished, slabby excuse of a fish, generally browns, to take the lure.  Sad oh well. Actually its ok fishing. But yeah thats me.

IP Logged

Kiwidan
Just Joined

Reply #246 - Nov 15th, 2015 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Im dan.

Ive been flyfishing for a few years now and can't get enough of it.  Main water I fish in is the upper Mannuwatu with the trout averaging around 2-5lb.yeah so don't really know what else to say.
Cheers.

IP Logged

Alan
Administrator
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #247 - Nov 16th, 2015 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Hi kiwidan,
Welcome...used to fish that water myself a lot many years ago..... lot of fish... and lot of cows poo...in the water... Grin Angry

Co-leader NZ Outdoors Party http://www.outdoorsparty.co.nz
IP Logged

Beguided
Just Joined

Reply #248 - May 22nd, 2016 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Hi I'm Dave Barrett from Whakatane.  I mostly fish the Rangitaiki River system and I travel by Canadian canoe.  I have been guiding part time for the last ten years and I am a regular writer for NZ Troutfisher Magazine. I am known as Be Guided on Facebook.  I am also a keen hunter and salt water fisherman.  Cheers

IP Logged

Nomads
Donor Member

Angler, hunter, gardener,
cook

Reply #249 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Realized i have not done this part of the forum....apologies for the slip.  (plus I need some advice soon)
Have been on here for a while and have had plenty of superb banter, advice and input.  plus a few snide remarks on the side.

Living central Auckland with commitments does not make getting out often very easy, but with the content on here, it has made things more bearable.

Trout Fishing is the primary passion, but hunting has been getting a little more of a look in.
Have taken a few pheasants and several deer over the last few years.

Special mention to members like JAkkos for help on certain projects, and posters like Troutboy, Bazz and Spooker for sensational imagery.

Thanks to All that make this forum as enjoyable as it is.

Like a cane chair at a nudist camp, always leave an impression.

IP Logged

Nomads
Donor Member

Angler, hunter, gardener,
cook

Reply #250 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Nomads wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 7:42pm:
Realized i have not done this part of the forum....apologies for the slip.  (plus I need some advice soon)
Have been on here for a while and have had plenty of superb banter, advice and input.  plus a few snide remarks on the side.

Living central Auckland with commitments does not make getting out often very easy, but with the content on here, it has made things more bearable.

Trout Fishing is the primary passion, but hunting has been getting a little more of a look in.
Have taken a few pheasants and several deer over the last few years.

Special mention to members like JAkkos for help on certain projects, and posters like Troutboy, Bazz and Spooker for sensational imagery.

Thanks to All that make this forum as enjoyable as it is.

cheers
Damon S

Like a cane chair at a nudist camp, always leave an impression.

IP Logged

NelsonLad
Donor Member

Out There Doin' It

Reply #251 - Oct 2nd, 2016 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
Hi, everyone!

I'm Ben, based in Nelson. Been mainly into the hunting for the past year. 5 deer, one pig, and a truckload of goats later, I've found myself hanging up the rifle for a time and learning how to fly fish. Thankfully I've got a superb mentor who's an absolute weapon on the water, so I hope I'll have a few fishing reports for you all as the season progresses  Grin

Great to meet you all, and tight lines.

B

IP Logged

Skrwpig
Just Joined

Reply #252 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Hello all, my name is Jeremy,  recent transplant to Turangi ex Auckland.  Bow hunter currently but may look at getting FAL at some stage. 

Just picked up fly rod after almost 20 years of not using one.  Bit rusty so anyone local that's willing to help (re)train me would be much appreciated  Wink

Cheers.

IP Logged

buddyray69
Forum Font

Imported to the Coast

Reply #253 - Nov 5th, 2016 at 11:17am
Print Post  
HI all, my name is Chris.. Based on the west coast..

Long time member, but haven't posted much for a few years... Mostly in the hunting section...

But having fallin back in love with trout fishing, no doubt i'll be reading and posting more once again....

Shoot for fun,shoot for the thrill, but always shoot for the clean kill.

IP Logged

J32
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #254 - Aug 14th, 2017 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone,

my name is Rico and I live in Oamaru. I am originally from Germany and live in New Zealand for quite some time now.

I used to fish in Germany a lot. Mostly for all kinds of Carp, Crucian carp, Tench, Perch, Eel and smaller fish like European Roach or Silver Bream. I used to fish with a float and bait, Like dough, corn, worms, maggots etc.

Had a license and was a long time member of my local fishing club.

Since I moved here I have done a bit of fishing in the ocean. Just from shore, every now and then. Time was a bit of an issue and the whole rule system for freshwater fishing seems way more complicated here in New Zealand. Was always a bit worried I would do something I am not allowed to, so I never went for it.

That is basically why I am here now. I want to do some lake fishing. For now I will try to focus on one of two lakes that aren't too far from here. I will read and ask some questions and try not to break any rules once I finally get out there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards