Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) So who are we  all? (Read 58124 times)
Flyboy
Ex Member

probably fishing

Re: So who are we  all?
Reply #15 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Hi
Gday flyboy how did your Whakatane river trip go? Did you find that the jetboat traffic actually improved the fishing?
Baz the Whakatane went well, but is a sight fishery for the best fish, you need a sunny day for best results. A mixture of mainly rainbows, but a few nice Brownies as well.  Nothing large in the upper reaches but a nice fishery on a nice day.
Parts of the upper river are a bit hammered by some guides, and the fishing was noticeably poorer in these areas.
We never saw a jet boat, but the river was very low, which would have kept them out.
There is a lot of horse traffic with the Tuhoe hunters after pork, and venison.  Maybe some crop cultivation as well. I'm told you have to watch where you go in the bush.
Might get to meet you on opening day, would be nice to put a face to the name.
Cheers
Flyboy

IP Logged

blackbunny
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Reply #16 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 3:07am
Print Post  
Quote:
I look after fish and sharks at Kelly Tarltons

Are you one of the sharks' hand feeders?  Smiley

Dear Noah,
We could have sworn you said the ark wasn't leaving till 5.
Sincerely, Unicorns

IP Logged

trouttraveller
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 4:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
Gidday.
NIk is my name and basically all I ever do is play with fish.
I look after fish and sharks at Kelly Tarltons and chase fish of any sort on my days off and after work as often as I can.  
I take my fishing time seriously but find it a wee bit hard to take the fishing itself too serious

Nik - A bill board of your fishing habits was erected at Victoria Park - work 4 days fish 3
What they forgot to ad was your job allows you to fish on a regular basis collecting fish for Kelleys.
I think a wee french girl slows you down from taking your fishing serious

[Edit: fixed quote -- blackbunny]

IP Logged

upstream

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #18 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Hi All,

Kev here. I am a flyfishing nut -  think about it, dream about it, write about it, and sometimes even do it. Been flyfishing since 1991, with breaks in between when other outdoor passions took over. Also in the process of getting my firearm license, haven't hunted in over a decade since when I lived in Africa.

I'm based a bit south of Hamilton and fish the Waikato and King Country waters extensively, or rather when the missus says I can.  Embarrassed I am also a keen flytier, although my flies are more in the effective category than the pretty category - chickens peck at anything, hey Nik? Andrew has asked that I provide some periodic updates on the fishing in the Waikato/KC area, so am happy to oblige.

Later
Kevin

IP Logged

trouttraveller
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Aug 28th, 2008 at 3:54am
Print Post  
Hey Kev

Great to have you onboard

There is so much great hunting information on this site. Amazing what guys get up to and how open people are to share their experience. Such a motivator to get out there and do it!!

I am sure you will have the firearms licence and new rifle sorted in know time.

Kev - look forward to your regular fishing updates from the Waikato area. Everyone here will really appreciate your local knowledge before setting out to the river in your neck of the woods.

IP Logged

P-A
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Aug 31st, 2008 at 5:55pm
Print Post  
Hi Guys

My name is Per-Anders "P-A" Nilsson. I live in stockholm Sweden
but my heart nowadays belongs to the southland. Wink
My primary work is as a secondary school teacher but i also
work part time in the flyfishingsbuisness (Sameo prostaff member, Guiding and Flytying).
I have been flyfishing for 25 years and currently do about 120-140 days
a year including the work related stuff.  Last christmas i was down to NZ and fished
with some of this forums members (Nick Foster and Simon chu)
and next year i will be coming down again since i have been dreaming about
those monster Kingies and Trouts ever since.
Best Regards
P-A Grin Grin

IP Logged

trouttraveller
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 4:50am
Print Post  
Hi PA

Welcome and great to see you here

Thing with PA is you turn your computer on when you get to work - check fishnhunt and there is a post at 3am in the morning from PA

Always a great way to start the day

IP Logged

P-A
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 7:13am
Print Post  
Thanks Andrew
It feels great to find you and the others
from fishingnet.nz in here. I"ll try to
post some good quality stuff in the flytying deparment
at night of course mate. Wink
Best Regards
P-A

IP Logged

Chris Dore
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Tis not the time zone Andrew, PA just doesnt sleep  Cheesy

Chris Dore
Queenstown, NZ

IP Logged

walkabout
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 9:05am
Print Post  
hey guys

im carl smith, flew back into nz last week to have a crack at most things in the outdoors for 6 months(its a terrible life i tell you) Cool

learnt to flyfish in the mckenzie basin before moving to marlborough and giving just about every river in the region a crack.

work in karratha, north west aussie. its a fantastic place for saltwater fly. managed to land my first sailfish on fly this year, along with some monster barra so cant really complain!!

living in collingwood, golden bay and looking forward to exploring the aorere rivers and sneaking down the coast!!1 anyone in the area feel free to pm if looking to share costs....

off to eat the first of (hopefully) many feeds of whitebait for the season

tight lines all!!!!!!

IP Logged

Grunt Futtick
Donor Member

Adventure is the opposite
of television.

Reply #25 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Hey.
Shannon here. Self taught fly fisherman, started 13 years ago. Have done most of my fishing in Canterbury and know most of the water round here pretty well. Spent 2 years in Wanaka so have done a fair bit of fishing in Otago and Southland as well. Hoping to catch my first Salmon this year too. I get a real buzz from exploring new water and watching my fishing mates hook up. Over the last couple of seasons I have been using lighter and lighter tippet with improving results. My best is a 7lb Jack from the Nevis in Otago on 2lb tippet. Got busted of in the Ahuriri with the light stuff a few times though. This years goal is to land a fontanalis.
Nice to meet you lot.

Hunting wild animals on Department of Conservation administered land during the hours of darkness (½ hour after sunset to ½ hour before sunrise) is prohibited.

IP Logged

P-A
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Tis not the time zone Andrew, PA just doesnt sleep  Cheesy

Sleeping is for women.
Wink Grin

IP Logged

trouttraveller
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Hi Carl and Shannon

Carl - try and catch up with Thomas W from here he is a great guy. Seems he is always out fishing the top of the Sth Island somewheres.

Back to NZ in time for opening day eh Shocked Shocked Shocked

Hi Shannon - Have you caught up with Chris Dore. President of the Whakatipu fishing club. I believe Chris runs quite a few club trips. Chris has also told me there are some brookies of some sort in your area.

Thomas W had the same goal as you on the brookies last season. Was inspirational when he laid down a great plan and it all came together.

IP Logged

Grunt Futtick
Donor Member

Adventure is the opposite
of television.

Reply #28 - Sep 2nd, 2008 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Hey trouttraveller. No I have not met Chris. I moved back to Chch in 2005 from Wanaka. As far as Brook Char go, I'm keen get one this season. I've got access to a crib at Lake Clearwater so intend spending a bit of time at Lake Emily. I reckon I"ll be doing a few more over night missions into the back country. With the price of diesel (I know it's dropping) these days it's hard to justify a day trip. Still, If the Yanks get thing sorted between Georgia and Russia and hurry up and invade Iran well all be sorted for petrol eh?  Grin.
Tell me, anybody caught a Char out of lake Grassmere?

Hunting wild animals on Department of Conservation administered land during the hours of darkness (½ hour after sunset to ½ hour before sunrise) is prohibited.

IP Logged

landlock101
Forum Font

Labralux

Reply #29 - Sep 3rd, 2008 at 12:17am
Print Post  
hey guys, my names Scott Turner.
been fishing all my life, you could say its in my blood. Wink
Do all the catergories of fishing there is to be done love my trout fishing but would have to say my passion is salmon fishing. I would class  the Rakaia as my fav water to fish as this is where I spend most of my time from now till the end of the season, starts with the whitebait, then the sea run browns and then start chasing salmon.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards