Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) So who are we  all? (Read 57908 times)
Chris Dore
Ex Member

So who are we  all?
Aug 19th, 2008 at 8:26am
Print Post  
So I like to know to whom I am talking, so who are we all?

Im Chris Dore, based in Queenstown and I would class the Mataura as my home water - or rather the one on which I like to spend the most time. I like the challenges of the Mataura - you can take it however you feel: on lazy days I can throw nymphs through the ripples for a bit of fun, and if I am up for it, I can hit those glassy glides and foam lines for choosy trout requiring technical presentations.

Chris

Chris Dore
Queenstown, NZ

IP Logged

trouttraveller
Ex Member

Re: So who are we  all?
Reply #1 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Im Andrew Perring

Live in the big smoke so take advantage of the great snapper fishing on my doorstep

My favourite rivers are full of trout and dont get to see another angler. I am happy to cast a dry or nymph to spotted / feeding fish.
Enjoy getting out on the North Island lakes for a trolling session with my friends. My new passion is drifting and stripping flies, a very fast and exciting form of fishing

Have travelled a number of palces. I few highlights includ - tigers in Africa, Sailfish in Western OZ, Marlin in Vanuatu, Salmon in Alaska, Bass in USA.

Have guided grizzly bear, trout, pike, salmon in Alaska and trout for many years in NZ.

Chris - I got married in my waders at lake Waikaremoana - with fishing rod in hand.

One of my most memorable days fishing was last year. Spent the day drifting and stripping flies with the fish biting hard. When Nick Foster paddles out with a hand full of christmas mince pies and drops them on my lap for lunch.

IP Logged

cleaky
Forum Font

... pass me my 16 gauge,
I'll handle this ...

Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
TT -  that Foster chap has been known to be a good bastard every now and then!  Grin

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

IP Logged

Snuffit
Forum Font

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Grin I even caught a fish or two. Unlike Andrew 'The Driftnet' Perring who cleaned up with maybe 50+ fish that day. I'm Nick, I fly fish for everything from trout to marlin (haven't scored one of those just yet on fly) and shoot gamebirds as often as they fly past.

Chris, I'm still waiting for you to get up to Auckland for a casting clinic, I'm certain that it would be worth everyone's while. Please don't force me to fly to Queenstown, it's horrible down there with the pristine lakes, scenery....

IP Logged

Chris Dore
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 11:26am
Print Post  
Am working on something with Paul to bring sexyloops fly casting schools to NZ. Could be fun if we get around to it  Cheesy

Good to see you here mate - you should come to middlemarch this coming Jan!

Chris Dore
Queenstown, NZ

IP Logged

Roaring_Red
Forum Font

Click.... f**k!

Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 5:54am
Print Post  
im Josh and ive been fly-fishing spring creeks on the west coast for about 3 years.

IP Logged

Flyboy
Ex Member

probably fishing

Reply #6 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 1:02am
Print Post  
Hi, Im Mark Brown.
I live at Ohope, in the mostly sunny Bay of Plenty.  Both my wife and I love our trout fishing, the best of all being the more remote waters of our region.
My next favourite region is Southland, where we make an annual pilgrimage each season.
As an idea, how about some of the members doing a fishing swap with other members.  We would be happy to host another member in our region, in return for reciprocal deal? Its just the kernel of an idea, any suggestions?
Bring on Oct 1st.

IP Logged

trouttraveller
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Aug 22nd, 2008 at 2:51am
Print Post  
Flyboy wrote on Aug 22nd, 2008 at 1:02am:
Hi, Im Mark Brown.
I live at Ohope, in the mostly sunny Bay of Plenty.  Both my wife and I love our trout fishing, the best of all being the more remote waters of our region.
My next favourite region is Southland, where we make an annual pilgrimage each season.
As an idea, how about some of the members doing a fishing swap with other members.  We would be happy to host another member in our region, in return for reciprocal deal? Its just the kernel of an idea, any suggestions?
Bring on Oct 1st.

I think thats a great idea. Have seen the idea of a fly swap put in place and that works well

Never heard of a Fishing Swap but reckon its a cracker of a idea.

IP Logged

Baz
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #8 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
G'Day all.
Baz here from sunny Gisborne. But not today, it's pissing down and we have had more than our fair share of rain during the spawning season. Gday flyboy how did your Whakatane river trip go? Did you find that the jetboat traffic actually improved the fishing?
As always I will fish the top end of the Motu and the Opato stream come opening day-and leave the Ruakituri river to everyone and their canine companions. From what I've heard from local anglers the Ruakituri has had a fair bit of high and dirty water sluicing down it over the spawning period-so only time will tell how well the new batch of trout have survived.
Always a pleasure to meet  and chat to brothers of the angle on this site---Good luck with the coming season--tight lines-and avoid getting your rod caught in your fly.  Smiley

Too Old To Die Young.
YouTube  
IP Logged

gizzy-mike
Forum Font

OUT AND ABOUT

Reply #9 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
mike from gizzy, im a baker and always keen for a fish hunt dive whatever..

baz i c you and i are in the same city, maybe we could get out there 1day and give it a crack mate

ive lost enuf brain cells, they are now at a managable level.

IP Logged

Baz
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #10 - Aug 23rd, 2008 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
gizzy-mike wrote on Aug 23rd, 2008 at 9:32pm:
mike from gizzy, im a baker and always keen for a fish hunt dive whatever..

baz i c you and i are in the same city, maybe we could get out there 1day and give it a crack mate

Hi Mike
Thats a nice snapper-well done. Sure Mike, we could arrange a day on the river sometime during the season-keep in touch.
Cheers baz.

Too Old To Die Young.
YouTube  
IP Logged

Nik H
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 4:53am
Print Post  
Gidday.
NIk is my name and basically all I ever do is play with fish. I look after fish and sharks at Kelly Tarltons and chase fish of any sort on my days off and after work as often as I can. Have been fly fishing for 20 odd years mostly on the northern half of the north Island but did spent 7 years in Nelson so explored a far bit of that as well. Have fished New calidonia Bone fish to Kazhakastan Pike and a few others in between.
I take my fishing time seriously but find it a wee bit hard to take the fishing itself too serious. I think fishing is a bit of an art but not too much of a science, Smiley after all fish have tiny brains, you just have to get them put your hook in thier mouth. Smiley

IP Logged

Tahr-Bound
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 7:10am
Print Post  
Hey there everyone my names Reuben Pfahlert Im from hokitika i taught myself to fly fish on the lawn about 3 and a half years ago.been fishing since i was about 5 with my grandad.I love fishing a large creek near hoki in the whitebait season using a grey ghost ,caught 50+ trout on season doing that.f anyones in the hoki area later on this year give us a buz id be happy to go out and have a crack.

IP Logged

Roaring_Red
Forum Font

Click.... f**k!

Reply #13 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 7:12am
Print Post  
Quote:
Hey there everyone my names Reuben Pfahlert Im from hokitika i taught myself to fly fish on the lawn about 3 and a half years ago.been fishing since i was about 5 with my grandad.I love fishing a large creek near hoki in the whitebait season using a grey ghost ,caught 50+ trout on season doing that.f anyones in the hoki area later on this year give us a buz id be happy to go out and have a crack.

Im in the hoki area,sounds like fun  Roll Eyes Grin

IP Logged

12pointer
Forum Font

You haven't shot many,
if you havent missed
a few.

Reply #14 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:

Im in the hoki area,sounds like fun  Roll Eyes Grin

You little shit stirrer Josh Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2017. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards