Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sticky Topic Leave info (Read 6770 times)
Viking
Forum Font

Life is for living--not
for worrying

Leave info
Jun 5th, 2008 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Excellent idea to have thread/noticeboard on lost dogs. Have had a bit of experience with lost dogs over the years . One of the most important things is to leave plenty of info where ever you can if your dog goes AWOL,  leave descriptions and times etc in hut books, ask Helicopter operators etc to keep an eye out, talk to locals and generally put the word about. lost dogs usually turn up somewhere sooner or later and someone may well recognise it. Every hunter I know get very attached to their dogs, and will do their utmost to find them.

IP Logged

Ruger
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Leave info
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2008 at 10:54am
Print Post  
Great idea
DOC Wanganui have a dog trap with a radio transmitter on it that can be used for no charge to help recover lost dogs. Call them on 06 3492100 and ask for Rod. When the tap is activated it sends a beep on a radio frequency and you then check your trap to see if the dog is there, have caught the odd pig as well.

Cheers
Ruger

Cheers&&Ruger

IP Logged

Rhys
Forum Font

Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2008 at 11:03pm
Print Post  
Always good to get a dog out of the bush and back home, I found one by the side of the road south of murchison a few days back when picking up some calves down that way, pulled over, called her up and checked her for ID, nothing, another couple of guys came past and knew whose it was, the guy was in hospital with a heart attack so couldn't get out to find his lost dog. Ended up dropping it off in Murch where they said the owner lived on my way through with the load of calves.

Of course I'm compensating. If I could kill stuff at 200 meters with my dick, I wouldn't need a gun.

IP Logged

johnboy
Forum Senior

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
I have name ,address and phone number on a metal tag on the collar.
Mandatory by law over here and phone number and name on tracking collar.
As well dogs are microchipped, have only gone home once in the last few years without a dog , just take days off work til i get them back.
Wouldn't let a dog go without tracking gear now

While there is lead in the air ,there is hope

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards