Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 30 Replies) Bad smell in the Hut (Read 18388 times)
autoh
Forum Font

Hunting is a way of life.

Bad smell in the Hut
May 9th, 2008 at 10:32pm
Print Post  
I stayed in a hut in the Tararuas when I had just started hunting with a mate and we were late starting the walk so go to the hut in the dark and was met by 4 guys that were on there way out. They were haveing a few beers and even gave us one each which was nice of them.
One of these guys had been eating some stuff that they refered to as scrogin (some sort of mix nut mix) as I found out later for quite a few days.
Any way as the night went on he complained of a crook guts as you do when you eat lots of energy food when hunting and after a couple of trips outside he calmed down and carried on drinking.
All seemed to be settling down when this same guy had come back form out side and reminded us how good the fire was as it had started to snow, he was standing infront of the fire when this almighty smell came out into the air.
As you could imagine all the discriptive words and profanites came out, one of them even gave the dog a kick and told him to get out side you dirty bastard. Poor dog.
Once things had calmed down the guy from the fire sat down and then the teasing started as his mates had narrowed it down to who it was that smelt so bad.
They all sat down and played cards thinking it was all over and this guy took his bush shirt off over his head and out dropped this great big log on the floor, as you could imagine the horror and yelling that went on.
They all looked at there mate and started to roll with laughter because as he had pulled the shirt off he had all over his back, neck and head he had smeared the shit all over the place.
This poor guy was dry reaching and had to walk to the stream under torchlight to have a full clean and none of his mates helped him either.
He came back form his bath and promptly got into his sleeping bag to warm up.

Just some things that you never forget.

autoh
AIM  
IP Logged

12pointer
Forum Font

You haven't shot many,
if you havent missed
a few.

Re: Bad smell in the Hut
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2008 at 11:01pm
Print Post  
Grin Grin Grin serve the dirty bastard right i reckon. I wonder if he changed his diet after that Undecided

IP Logged

deerstalker
Forum Font

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2008 at 11:40pm
Print Post  
Hahaha  Grin

IP Logged

spearo
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #3 - May 10th, 2008 at 4:32am
Print Post  
lol ,thats a good one!!

IP Logged

chris
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

a setter is better!

Reply #4 - May 12th, 2008 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin a mate had sqauted down in some quite steep manuka country to have a crap, all went well until he went to stand up and slipped a bit, put his hand down to steady himself and....yep, put his hand right in his big warm grogen!!!! Grin the funniest thing was we were quite high up with no handy streams he could clean up in, he wiped his hands all over the grass for ages but grass just dont take the stink away!!! we hunted seperatly for the rest of the day!! i nearly pissed my pants and still do when i think about it. Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

irish murphy
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 19th, 2008 at 9:36am
Print Post  
The stinky hut story reminded me of a story my uncle told me of a fishing trip up at lake eucumbene one winter.They all wear freezer suits up there as do i.This trip was no different to many others only it was for one poor soul.The fella that had a hard time is now dead and i take my hat off to you hannu.

The uncle and mates were sitting around the fire in their freezer suits.Hannu had a call of nature and took off into the darkness.When he returned all was normal until he sat down near someone.Then in finnish somebody said poo who stinks like shit.Everyone stired and then it was decided it was hannu.Poor bastard had been so drunk he had shit in the hood of his suit.Lucky for him they unzip,plus he hadnt tried to cover his head with it hahahahhaha.There is a lesson to be learned.Take you suit off no matter how bloody cold it is.Especially in the dark when you are drunk.

IP Logged

BordersSika

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #6 - May 21st, 2008 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
Too funny, tears are rolling down my cheeks with laughing, can just visualise these stories.

IP Logged

greendog308
Forum Font

Forum Executioner

Reply #7 - May 26th, 2008 at 2:50am
Print Post  
ahhhh bloody crippling that is.

My dad who was deer culling in the Ruahines in the 1960's, had a right cu*t of a field boss (dead now i believe), and each time he'd come into camp he'd go spastic if there was anything out of place...(it was a hunting camp after all).
Anyhow, one time they new the prick was turning up and the dunny hole was fairly chokka, and on each visit he'd give the branch they had across the shitter , a kick, look down the hole and bitch and moan about the smell, the flies and everything else.
So this time, they sawed almost all the way thru the branch and when the field boss turned up, did his inspection, walked over to the dunny, gave the branch a good kick as usual. It broke and being off balance he toppled straight down the whole head first.
The old man said that he and the guy he was shooting with f**king near pissed their pants laughing, and could hardly even rescue the poor sod who was covered in shit and stunk worse than a bad thing.
He come out, he said, covered from head to foot with turds and paper, screaming blue murder, rushed straight into the river, while dad and his mate got their stuff together and legged it for a hunt.
They never saw the guy again who somehow wangled himself a desk job after that, and apparently the new field boss was very wary during dunny inspection.....

I LOVE CATS BUT I CAN'T EAT A WHOLE ONE! and, is it wrong to have sex with a poodle more than once?

IP Logged

Bon
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 26th, 2008 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Auto,  Dogs should not be in huts--EVER. You ever want to see a senior citizen  get riled up, just bring a dog into everyones hut. Or rather try!

IP Logged

chris
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

a setter is better!

Reply #9 - May 28th, 2008 at 5:50am
Print Post  
i dont mind dogs in huts as long as there well behaved and not covered in shit, they probably smell beter than half the humans who have been in the bush for a few days!!, dont huts belong to every man  Grinand his dog? Grin

IP Logged

Bon
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 28th, 2008 at 9:12am
Print Post  
No!

IP Logged

Alfie
Always Remembered

Dad, I dug a hole...

Reply #11 - May 28th, 2008 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Some single shepards I knew many years ago used to cook up a big pot of stew and freeze it in ice cream containers marked "stew".  When they came in at night they'd nuke a container while they all went and showered up etc. then tea would be ready once they'd finished. 
Anyone guess where this is going yet?...
Somone else I know cottoned on to this habit of theirs, had a dump in an icecream container, wrote "stew" on it and dropped it in their freezer.  The dirty stinking funny bastard.....    Grin

It's filling with water.

IP Logged

BellBird

Looking for that wily
sika!

Reply #12 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Grin

IP Logged

kaimaikid
Forum Font

It was this big...

Reply #13 - Jul 5th, 2008 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Reminds me of a story a few years back, nothing to do with hunting but....

Everyone must of heard of the "cold kiwi" motorcycle rally that they used to have on the central plateau, anyways the army use to do the toilets for them in the usual army style, as soon as the holes filled up they'd drag the dunnies to a new set of holes and chuck ply over the top of the old ones to stop anyone falling in but one time someone forgot to cover up the holes. Well it snowed that night and the next morning a young lady was out walking in the fresh snow to dissapear into the uncovered shit holes, she was completely submerged, head and all. They chucked the poor girl on the back of a ute and took her up to a farm house where they hosed her down outside in the frigging middle of winter as there was no way they'd let her inside for a hot shower until she was reasonably clean.

Poor bitch, doubt if she'd feel clean for months after that...  Shocked Grin Grin

IP Logged

Father Jack
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jul 24th, 2008 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Gidday

These remind me of some mates of mine.  We were in the bush working splitting battens for a fence we were doing.  One of the team went for a crap and this other joker picked up a long handled shovel, indicated for us to keep quite  and snuck around behind the bloke doing the crap and quietly slipped the shovel under him, caught the shit then hid in the bush.

Poor bugger wiped himself, pulled his tweeds up then looked at what he had done and there wern't none there.  Couldn't figger out what had happened until the other joker nearly pissed hinself laughing and his cover was broken.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards