Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic NZ Range Locations (Read 2637 times)
Spiker
Ex Member

NZ Range Locations
Apr 28th, 2008 at 8:06pm
Print Post  
Last year I made a page on the IMAS website which uses Google Maps to show the location of shooting ranges around New Zealand. If you are looking for a pistol/rifle/shotgun club to join, or just a place to sight in your rifle check it out.

http://www.imas.co.nz/ranges.html

If you know of a range not listed let me know here or email me through the page. Also if you have details of any range listed that have no details get them to me & I'll update the listing.

Cheers,
Spiker

IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Re: NZ Range Locations
Reply #1 - May 1st, 2008 at 7:04am
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm in Timaru, is anyone aware of any ranges near here? It appears there is nothing between Dunedin and Christchurch?

NZDA have ranges in Timaru and Oamaru, at least.  Smiley

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

Spiker
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 1st, 2008 at 7:24am
Print Post  
Don't be disheartened if the map shows no ranges in your area. There may well be some it's just that I haven't been told where they are so haven't been able to add them to the map. For example the Waimate & Ashburton Pistol clubs...

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #3 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Oscar wrote on May 1st, 2008 at 7:04am:
Quote:
I'm in Timaru, is anyone aware of any ranges near here? It appears there is nothing between Dunedin and Christchurch?

NZDA have ranges in Timaru and Oamaru, at least.  Smiley

NZDA Timaru range has moved recently.  The new one is still going through the (long) certification process.  Should be open soon.  Good news is that it's going to be much bigger and flasher than the old one when it does open.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

MassiveAttack
Forum Font

Setting trends in waterfowling
fashion since 2011

Reply #4 - Feb 16th, 2009 at 8:04am
Print Post  
PJ wrote on Feb 15th, 2009 at 10:19pm:
I was wondering if there were any NZDA ranges within a reasonable distance from Christchurch suitable for centerfire rifles?
Thanks Smiley

Yes, check the website for dates.  http://www.nzdacanterbury.org/

Handloaders range (next door) is open to the public every tuesday night.

Both ranges are 5 min from chch.

This is my rifle, there are many like it but this one is mine.  Without my rifle I am useless, without me it is useless.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards