Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Some pictures (Read 4554 times)
Tussock
Ex Member

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Some pictures
Sep 8th, 2007 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Heres a few random pics from work I promised. Just need to wait for Madness to find them!

« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2007 at 5:11pm by MADNESS »  

IP Logged

Tikka T3
Forum Font

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Some pictures
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2007 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
Nice pictures Wink

When did I realise I was God? While I was praying I realised I was talking to myself.

IP Logged

sika8
Forum Font

Work to live, not live
to work, stuff work go
hunt

Reply #2 - Sep 8th, 2007 at 11:43pm
Print Post  
huh Huh

A CRAP DAY OUT HUNTING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK

IP Logged

Tussock
Ex Member

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 8:53am
Print Post  
I cant upload to Photobucket for some reason so I sent the pics to the ever present Madness to do it for me, only hes not about Sad

IP Logged

Sika Stag
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Make the first shot count,
if not let rip.

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Roll Eyes zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

IP Logged

MENZIES
Forum Senior

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Hey tussock what are you doing for a job?

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Tussock
Ex Member

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #6 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 7:55pm
Print Post  
Im an Exploration Geologist. The top pic is a big slightly pissed off spider I dug out of its hole, that lens cap is six centimeters accross.
The next pic is a truely bogged fuel truck, it had to sit there for over a week while the ground dried. Would have been fairly easy to dig out then but drillers dont dig. They just keep breaking chains till they get one big enough to pull the vehicle out Cheesy
Thats the Rig I used to work on, its an RC rig (Uses an air powered hammer bit) and that truck in from is a  compressor and booster, all up capable of 700 psi down hole pressure. Rough old thing but it could drill!
And an Emu

IP Logged

Tussock
Ex Member

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #7 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 8:14pm
Print Post  
Did these one at a time and it took a while but it worked!

IP Logged

wirehunt
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Have you tried the ants that taste like sugary peanut butter yet?   Not bad at all..

IP Logged

Spiker
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Was you asking if anyone wanted a few months work over there awhile back? Did you get any takers?

IP Logged

Tussock
Ex Member

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #10 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 9:52pm
Print Post  
Yeah was me, no takers. Offer still stands. Need people who know how to work and are not big girls blouses. Sick of hearing how hard our Aussie bushmen fieldies are. My mate took one of their best to the west coast (NZ) for one weeks fly camping and he cried!

IP Logged

MENZIES
Forum Senior

Reply #11 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Oh yea ive just started a job as an exploration geo. Where you working? Im based in Perth and working on an Island (Koolan I) a hrs north of Derby.

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Tussock
Ex Member

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #12 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
I was in NQ on that mean looking rig, now Im in Glen Innes in NSW. This current number is pretty good. Apart from the 14hr days. Glen Innes is on the NSW tablelands so its cold and looks just like NZ apart from the Roos. Im 1:500 mapping a granite pluton in some steep country which is cool. Had a good laugh with the leaches. Thought I would wear my gaters as it was wet. Only some crappy ones I got here (not my good huntechs). Though "Gaters will keep the leaches out". Had a wee sit down in the avo and found six on one leg and four on the other plus plenty of bleeding spots were others had had their fill and dropped off. Turns out cheap gaters are leach heaven! My boots were literally filled with blood.

Mensies I havnt been working long but If you have any questions you think I might know the answer to (are drillers trying to trick me) or such like then let me know. Theres another Geo on here (KalMike) who has a fair bit of experience. What you doing there anyway?

IP Logged

MENZIES
Forum Senior

Reply #13 - Sep 9th, 2007 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Oh cheers Tussock. Um I have mainly been logging chips on the drillrig and mapping the hematite outcrops on the Island. Yea I have had to get use to working in 35+ degree heat  Shocked and its coming to the wet season up here so its only going to get worse. One upside of the mine is the fishing is shit hot. So hopefully this stint I will be able to get a line in the water.

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Tussock
Ex Member

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #14 - Sep 10th, 2007 at 8:26am
Print Post  
I think I saw an add for a job there, something about an island and good fishing, I thought it was funny at the time.
I noticed the fieldies complaining about the heat at the end of the day and I hadnt noticed. Guess I expected heat so wasnt going to moan about it but they moan about anything Cheesy
Its bloody cold here, I bought my bushshirt and my Stoney Creek raincoat over and thought I was mad and now I use them ever day.
What sort of rig are you on and what are you exploring for?
Im working Moly, we had a GOS drilling rig here last week but it got sent away because it could only drill 2m an hour!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2021. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards