Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Introduce Yourselves Fellas (Read 326676 times)
Pumafish
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Re: Introduce Yourselves Fellas
Reply #1650 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 12:46am
Print Post  
Gidday guys my names Nick, despite joining the Forum in 2016 I havent introduced myself. I have only been hunting for 2 years, started with a bow 1st. I find the forum a great tool for information on areas and advice. I'm still learning heaps and I am hoping to get out alot more this year. Big thanks to all the experienced guys for sharing their knowledge  Cool

IP Logged

waiiy
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1651 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 7:27pm
Print Post  
Hi Im Ricky. Im 29 and was introduced to hunting by my mate about 5 years ago. I usually chase Reds in Canterbury/Otago and have have gone after tahr a couple of times. I thought I'd finally sign up since I have been using the great info on here for a few years now.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #1652 - Dec 6th, 2018 at 5:11am
Print Post  
Hi to all the new members and welcome.  Smiley

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
IP Logged

David C.
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1653 - Jan 5th, 2019 at 2:39am
Print Post  
Hi Everyone!
My name is David and I'm from Montana in the U.S. I'm a big hunter here, logging 65-80 days/year here chasing elk, deer, pheasants, and occasionally other species depending on the drawings.

I'm hoping to make a trip to NZ this April/May with a friend to chase chamois and tahr and I was referred to this group for help in planning. I have read a number of threads on other forums but would be interested in talking with some locals for location recommendations. My friend and I are both big backpackers so we'd most likely be interested in hiking up from the bottom instead of taking a helicopter. And we'll be using rifles, provided we can figure out how to get them in!

Here are some of the animals I killed this fall:

« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2019 at 10:59pm by David C. »  

IP Logged

bren gun
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1654 - Jan 9th, 2019 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Hi Bren here I hunt mainly in Canterbury. Mainly the tops and for me it's more about the outing and a bit of fresh meat than chasing big antlers and horns. I've just changed to a finnlight 25-06 and intending to handload to get the most out of this little caliber. I would be interested to hear from anyone using this cal. in open country.

IP Logged

sakoforester243
Just Joined

Reply #1655 - Feb 2nd, 2019 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Hi team, been on here a few years but not actually been active.

Im Will, 28 from Canterbury. Lived on farms in Marlborough most my hunting life so now roam the hills with the rest of the hunting community! Keen to try get my first chamois this year, been bit outta luck and need some venison for the freezer asap! . Use .243, does the trick with good lead location

IP Logged

Cheeese, Gromit
Just Joined

Time flies like the wind,
fruit flies like a banan

Reply #1656 - Feb 16th, 2019 at 8:50pm
Print Post  
Hi all, Im mitchell, i joined this aaages ago then forgot about it haha. I do a little bit of hunting, up in the mamakus, grew up listening to grandads stories about him and my uncle walt wandering around the north island, seeing mobs of over 100 deer on the rangitike plains, and their fishing expeditions in a old bomber dingy down the waikato, when there were much fewer dams. I love the outdoors, got a bit of a hard on for old tech, i have a couple of bp guns, and a beautiful 102 year old ph 303 as my main shooter, and I am a fitter welder by trade

IP Logged

Grosin
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1657 - Mar 4th, 2019 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Hi Genesis here,i have just emgrated here from Scotland with my wife and 2 kids. Im a bricklayer/stonemason to trade.We are currently living in Hawkes bay. I have hunted since i was 9 years old started out catching rabbits with snares and ferrets and once i got my rifles went on  to stalking roe and red deer and shooting foxes,love all types of shooting wether its vermin bashing,deer hunting, plinking or long range target shooting.mostly used my 270 for deer in scotland and 22-250 for vermin, but recently got  a 7mm saum built on a rem 700 action ,my guns are in storage in the uk at the minute,till i get my nz firearms licence.would be great to get out for a shot here and if anyone is heading for scotland could get you onto some roe stalking as my eldest son is still over there.
Cheers Genesis

IP Logged

hawkdog27
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1658 - Mar 6th, 2019 at 8:09am
Print Post  
Hi everyone! Mick here, moved from Canada to Gisborne 6 months ago, been working as a bee keeper. Waiting on my gun license so I can purchase a rifle for deer hunting. Have my bow - still getting to know the area - would be keen to meet up for a hunt with anyone in the Gisborne area.

IP Logged

Southernboy
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1659 - Mar 15th, 2019 at 10:59pm
Print Post  
Hey guys, Luke here. Living in Canterbury at the moment but seem to chase animals all around the South Island from the Wild West Coast to the tussock country of Canterbury and Otago. Have no real preference of game animal but love chasing red stags in the roar and ducks throughout the season. Looking forward to getting to know the forum abit better and possibly getting out for a hunt with some of you fellas one day.

IP Logged

harlansmart
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1660 - Mar 22nd, 2019 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Hi team I'm Harlan, a Mainlander (temporarily) located in the North Island & I run a small community a bit similar to this. Shamefully haven't been in the bush much for ages but a year ago started to get out & about again a bit, have probably already run into a few of you on the trails! The forum has been awesome for intelligence gathering, i.e. we've been to a few spots (huts n tracks n stuff) that aren't on the usual maps whatnot. Anyway, thanks for having me.

IP Logged

cummo84
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1661 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Hey Guys, ive just joined the forum and thought id introduce myself. My names Rob i'm a keen hunter from Victoria in Australia. Recently did a trip to NZ in the first week of March to a joint called Hukarere Station in Otago with my wife for Reds. We both took a stag each and had ball. We are both returning in June to the southern alps to hunt Tahr in the shelter hollow ballot block.

Look forward to learning from you guys and to share some experiences.

P.S This is my first ever forum so im a bit rusty on using it.

Keen Aussie hunter looking to learn more about hunting in NZ and share experiences from trips I do over the ditch

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #1662 - Apr 5th, 2019 at 8:10pm
Print Post  
Welcome on board.  Smiley

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
IP Logged

Lance H
Just Joined

Reply #1663 - Apr 12th, 2019 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Hi, my name is lance, i live in north canterbury, wanting to get into deer hu nting, i have been shooting for a long time, rabbits, goats, possums.
would like to learn about hunting deer and long distance shooting, i own 3 riffles
.270    .17hmr    .22
cheers

IP Logged

BernieLiu
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1664 - Apr 15th, 2019 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
Hi, it is Bernie from China. I had no experience of hunting but endeavour to learn cuz all skill counts and may make a difference in the future. I am a member of NZHA in Christchurch, and I like to go there often with my 7mm Rem Mag. I also have a 223 and 17 HMR, all of which should cover all the range if my skill can follow up later....yeah, not now at least : ) One day, you can count on me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2019. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards