Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Introduce Yourselves Fellas (Read 266845 times)
Han
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Re: Introduce Yourselves Fellas
Reply #1635 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Hi guys

I've joined the forum a couple of months back. I'm a South African and quite enjoy reading about your hunting arena and the various facets around it.

I've been hunting since the age of twelve and feel like I can never have too much knowledge on a specific topic. I've read through many of the posts on various threads and will continue to do so with enthusiasm. Thank you for sharing.

Cheers.

IP Logged

Pete82
Donor Member

Aren't we lucky?

Reply #1636 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone, my name is Peter and I am from Czech Republic, living in NZ for 6 years now. One of the main reasons I have moved here is hunting and outdoors. Currently doing hard hards with my Brno ZKK 600 in .270 I am after meat and prefer bush stalking but so far its mostly just armed tramps  Grin

Brno ZKK 600 in .270

IP Logged

Jake77
Donor Member

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1637 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Gidday - after a good 15 yrs overseas have settled back in the metropolis of eastern Chch and keen as to get back in the bush.

Grew up roaming the bush around Te Aroha and then down south. Loads of goats, ducks and small game, and the odd pig but never really got into the deer. Just got the FAL current again so will be breaking out the old Stainless Rem 308 for some day walks around some of the DoC land to NW of the City to build up fitness & get the lay of the land when work/young family permits.  Mainly interested in filling the freezer - an Italian buddy is dead keen to make some wild game prosciutto & sausages so be good to rustle up a pig or two. 

If anyone local is keen for company drop me a note, always good to know some like minded folks for company & motivation to bust out of the City.

Great forum & see ya out there!

IP Logged

Dogfish858
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1638 - Dec 7th, 2017 at 5:25am
Print Post  
Hey there guys. My name's Dogfish. I'm a Canadian who's been looking to emigrate to NZ with my young family, Invercargill or Dunedin areas. By trade I'm a gunsmith focusing on classic stuff.

My main gun for years now has been ye olde No4 Mk1 .303 with a tuned black box trigger. For some reason I sold it.

I'm looking forward to getting a feel for the NZ outdoors scene and have it on Kiwi authority that Fishnhunt is where to start. Cheers!

IP Logged

Tatonka
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1639 - Jan 23rd, 2018 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Howdy!  Tim here from Montana...live up near the Canadian Border (Saskatchewan Border).   I hunt everything here in Montana...  Deer, elk, Antelope, upland birds, etc.  I've also been to Canada and have taken Moose and Caribou there.   I've bred English Springers Spaniels for nearly 30 years now and currently have 7 of them...

IP Logged

MaseS5
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1640 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Hi guys

I moved home to Invercargill after 9 years in Oz and decided to take up hunting and diving after giving up playing sport. I was lucky enough that a workmate took me to get my first deer between mossburn and teanau, a Red hind with a 338 edge at 260 metres and I was hooked. I brought a second hand ruger M77 markii S/S in 308, I joined the NZDA signed up for the Huntz course and was lucky enough to go to Mt Nicholas Station with them and shoot my first fellow with my ruger. I Recently shot my first Red Stag a velvety 10 pointer on my wifes auntys station on the East Coast of the north Island after a week of hunting it by myself  joined the forum to learn as much as i can and meet other hunters

Cheers Mase

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #1641 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Welcome to the forum everyone. Good to have you on board.  Smiley

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
IP Logged

340Axis4me
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1642 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Hey there, my name is Brent I am a Canadian living in Elko Nevada with my wife and baby girl. I am all about spending time in the mountains chasing mule deer, elk, antelope mostly with a bow but I am not allergic to rifles. Joined the forum because I dream of hunting tahr and chamois.

IP Logged

X-POACHER-YEAH RYT
Donor Member

Have you ever hunted Middle
Earth?

Reply #1643 - Feb 14th, 2018 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Good to see all you new guys on board, don't be shy to contribute.  Smiley Welcome to all of you.

Get as close as you can, then get a bit closer.

IP Logged

outdoorsman1
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1644 - Mar 11th, 2018 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
Hi everyone, my names Tom. New to the forum but not too new to hunting. Started off fly fishing in my early teens and progressed into hunting as you do when you have the southern alps on your doorstep! Haven't quite shot the big boy yet but hopefully thats on the cards at some stage. First trip into Fiordland this year with Mt Tanilba so if anyone has any advice for this block I would love to hear it!
Cheers,
Tom

IP Logged

Ballbag
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1645 - Mar 20th, 2018 at 7:46am
Print Post  
Hi guys my name is Blake and I live in Ashley.                            

I started hunting about 5 years ago learning a bit from my now father inlaw and reading every book i can find. Ive had a bit of success with a great 15 shot last roar and my first chamois  taken early this year.
Im hoping to keep learning by joining this forum and talking shit with everyone

Cheers

IP Logged

Lonestarkiwi
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1646 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 3:11am
Print Post  
Gday everyone,
Im Jeremy, born and raised in invers but have been living and working in the US since 2009. Only been a hunter for a couple of years and have taken a handful of white tail deer and wild pigs here in the US with both rifle and compound bow. I have a lot of background shooting, served 5 1/2 years in the NZ Army from 2002 - 2008 and then almost 4 years in The US Army since moving out here. I now work as a software developer in San Antonio Texas but am planning on moving back to NZ in early 2019 so Im joining the forum to make some connections for when I come back and hit the bush after some NZ game.
Im an amateur bow mechanic and am mad about archery so Id love to meet a few like minded bow hunters upon return.  Looks like most software jobs are going to be in the Wellington or chch area so wherever I wind up Ill be keen to hit the hills with anyone looking for a mate or a strong back to help carry your dead stuff.

Cheers

Jeremy

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Former Youngest Person
in the World

Reply #1647 - May 21st, 2018 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Welcome Jeremy. Sorry about the late reply.. time seems to be like a rubber band.  Grin

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
IP Logged

Jackfish
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1648 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Hey folks, thanks for the approval to join the forum. I thought i'd give a wee introduction.

I'm a completely obsessed hunter, deer stalker and Salmon fisher from Aberdeenshire Scotland. I mainly hunt Roe Deer locally but have good Sika & Red ground up in the Highlands too. I shoot 6.5x55, home loaded to SKAN performance (some people think it's not capable but I disagree fully and think it's a very reliable caliber). I also work my Hungarian Wirehaired Vizsla dog when stalking/hunting. 

Currently working in the Drilling Game Offshore West Africa in Oil & Gas exploration, I suppose there's a down side to everything  Wink

Looking to hopefully contribute to the forum and I am also looking at planning a trip down to the south Island next year to hunt Bull Tahr & Chamois.

IP Logged

Dunlop31
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #1649 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
Ben my name.(Dunlop 31).i am an active hunter.member of South auckland deerstalkers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards