Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Introduce Yourselves Fellas (Read 259682 times)
Russnz87
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Re: Introduce Yourselves Fellas
Reply #1620 - Jun 13th, 2017 at 7:05pm
Print Post  
Gday team, Russell here, based in the central ni, halfway between Taupo and reporoa.
Keen deer stalker, nothing better than a quiet stalk through the bush looking for deer.
Currently shooting a .270 win, with a Leupold v3xi signature edition
And always love getting a few ducks too.

Always keen to go.for a hunt, so always on the lookout for hunting mates.
So if anyone around the area is keen to head out! Give us a yell!!
Nice to meet you all!!

IP Logged

Gibson
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1621 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
Rob. Childhood and early 20's was on N.I. Sheep and Beef Stations, where the hunting started.

Now Wellington based working in Agribusiness, I've graduated to public land hunting. Keep very active and fit to keep the love for this going.

In the market for a new 308. These Tikka reviews are doing a great job of distracting me from my Remington 700 upbringing. Its becoming a difficult decision...

IP Logged

MateWiggy
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1622 - Jul 4th, 2017 at 10:21am
Print Post  
Hi there Guys, my nickname is MateWiggy,  I just registered for the forum.  I am a keen bushman.  My current playground is Ureweras, mostly DOC part as I don't know many locals to go hunting other parts.   I am looking to move down to South Island in a year or so and really would like to know your opinion which region of South Island is a good place for balance employment / hunting / bush.   I am a bush hunter and never hunted open plains or open terrain in general.  I was thinking of mowing down to Greymouth ( my dream town Smiley ) but not sure what employment there is like.  I would be great full for any discussion on South Island Regions. I am pretty much fed up of North Island to be honest, gets a bit overcrowded for my liking Smiley  Much obliged in advance.   Also anyone keen to go hunting,  Ureweras or around, I am keen any time.  My hunting mates are a bit of a no show at the moment lol.

IP Logged

Alvar
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1623 - Jul 12th, 2017 at 8:36am
Print Post  
Hi guys,

I am Alvar. Recently relocated from South Africa, currently living on the North Shore. I am very keen to get out into the bush, hunting some New Zealand game.

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #1624 - Jul 13th, 2017 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Welcome to the forum gentlemen..  Smiley

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
IP Logged

Highlander Hunting
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1625 - Jul 23rd, 2017 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Hey guys, John here from Calgary, Canada. Thinking about a trip down to NZ in the next few years. a friend went down and said it was amazing. Only thing he would do different is rent a heli to get around.
Myself and a hunting partner have a podcast called:
highlander hunting. on I tunes and google play.
A dozen episodes in and getting some good feedback.

We hunt mostly Mountain units of Alberta.

Great forum, positive posts.
Cheers.

IP Logged

RGH
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #1626 - Jul 27th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
I'm Ross, live at Mahia Beach HB.
Took up deerstalking again after a 30 year break.
Love it. My Tika 25-06 rocks, deadly accurate, scoped and suppressed. Shooting reds and fallow close to home. Forum is great.

IP Logged

Pearcey
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1627 - Aug 10th, 2017 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
G'day NZ Hunters and Fisherman,

Thought I'd introduce myself, my name is Tom, I'm originally from Oz (Tassie) and I recently moved to Wellington after a couple year stint in Canada as a guide/wrangler... I'm real keen in learning how the kiwis do things and hopefully getting stuck into some hunting!
Cheers!

IP Logged

SikaHuntaa
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1628 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
Hey team,

Name/s Ben, lived in Wellington for 18 years (hunting mainly Ruahines and Kawekas), and had a rifle in my hand at 5 years old. Recently moved down to Lincoln to study a Bachelor in Agricultural Science.. haven't been able to get out much since I moved down there which is a shame, haven't been able to meet many good buggas.

If anyone is keen to go for a hunt or happy to take a young fella out that'd be appreciated. Currently run a 7mm Rem Mag with a VX6 scope.

Pretty handy when it comes to the carry out haha.

Cheers,

Ben

IP Logged

Richard Eckles
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1629 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Hi Everyone,
My name is Richard.  I'm from Montana USA.  I was stationed in Christchurch in 1996-98 with the US Navy at Operation Deep Freeze.  NZ was by far my favorite duty station through out my career.  I'm now retired and living the good life in Montana.
Love all forms of Hunting.  My favorite is Bowhunting.  I had my bow with me in NZ when I lived there, and was able to shoot a big bull Tahr and many deer, goats and possums. 

I loved it there!!!  I'm coming back soon.

Thanks for letting me join the group.
Rich

IP Logged

headcase
Global Forum Guide
Donor Member

Reply #1630 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Hello Richard, and all the others people who have joined the forum recently.

Welcome to the Forum.  Smiley

We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.
IP Logged

ManaohouStalker
Just Joined

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #1631 - Sep 8th, 2017 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Hi,
I'm James. Originally from Northland but currently living in Melbourne Australia. NZ is still home for me and I always try to make it back for the roar. I've mostly hunted in the Urewera's but next year looking to go in the ballot for a Haast block.
Haven't hunted here in Australia yet but have recently sorted out my firearms licence and bought a Winchester 7mm-08 so hoping to get out after Sambar before long.

IP Logged

Curry
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1632 - Sep 9th, 2017 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Hi All,

My name is Matt.  I'm Canadian and have lived in NZ for 5 years, mostly in the BOP but now in Raglan.  I've been for a few great rifle hunts mostly on the east cape.

Also have been learning to shoot a bow over the past couple years and started bow hunting goats recently (working up to deer). Thanks for adding me to the group.

Cheers

IP Logged

DrYopnihc
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1633 - Sep 29th, 2017 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Hi all
My name is Garth still fairly new to Christchurch after learning to hunt down Southland. Missing the bush but learning to love the hills and the value of a good pair of binos. Great forum, have picked up some great advice.

IP Logged

Matt234
Just Joined

New Zealand's Hunting
and Fishing Forum

Reply #1634 - Oct 27th, 2017 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Hi everyone
I live in the UK I've been shooting all my life shotguns and rifles currently using a 17 fireball for the small stuff and i have two 260 Rem's ones a factory rifle the others a custom built long range rifle I do my own reloading, anyway I do quite a bit of lamping mainly fox's and rabbits the 260 is my deer rifle I've also kept Ferret's for about 20 years I try to get them out working in the winter months. If by any chance your on UK varming or the stalking directory you will find me there using the same long in as here I generally do a bit of everything.

Cheers Matt
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2017 at 7:20am by Matt234 »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards