Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 111 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Introduce Yourselves Fellas (Read 292781 times)
paora
Forum Font

Re: Introduce Yourselves Fellas
Reply #15 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Kia ora all,
My name's Paora. I'm fairly new to this game, only been hunting ducks and game birds the last two seasons. Looking to get a rifle fairly shortly and get into a bit of goat and deer hunting also. I grew up in Whanganui and have been living in Auckland for the last 10 odd years.
I'm an avid fisherman also who's still trying to land the big kingi off the rocks.
Mauri Ora!

Make it happen!

IP Logged

Weathered
Online Forum Guide
Donor Member
Staff

Amor Fati

Reply #16 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
I live in Arrowtown on a 10 acre block with some fallow deer, married with wife and 2 children. I own a geophysical survey company. Till 2 years ago I was a Commercial diver working in South East Asia and the Middle East. I still do the odd job in the oilfield.

I have hunted since I could walk I shot my first deer when I was 10 years old.

Now I hunt tahr, I have been known to throw rocks at deer when they get in the way of my tahr hunts.

Chose Weathered because Im always in it one way or another

Regards Weathered

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

IP Logged

Hard_Hunter
Forum Senior

Reply #17 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Hi there, my name is Chris. Lived in CHCH almost my whole life and have recently graduated from blasting bunnies, possums and wallabies (hey all Australian...no coincidence I'm sure Wink) to some deer and 1 Tahr. I'm still working on a chamois but I have plenty of time.
Drive a desk Mon-Fri so hunt mainly in the weekends...when I'm not chored to domestic duties. Hard_Hunter: Well I just made this up but if you slip 'Trying' inbetween the two then you get me.
Nice to see some new faces, look forward to your contributions and hunting stories.
Cheers

One in the hand is better than 2 in the bush!

IP Logged

heavy d

Reply #18 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
was Heavy d on the last forum as well. Dave and studying at otago . just finishing masters in ecology, working with brown trout. do a bit of all types of hunting and fishing

How's life treating you, Norm?&&NORM: Like it caught me sleeping with its wife.&&&&

IP Logged

hairy
Forum Font

Member of Fishnhunt since

Reply #19 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Live in Taupo, enjoy gamebird hunting, deerstalking, a spot of pighunting and saltwater fishing and diving.  Phys. Ed teacher/HOD outdoor education which I really enjoy.  Live on 10 acres which I am trying to develop inbetween hunting and fishing trips!  Have a black lab as my main hunting companion and enjoy working with dogs/training them.  Hunt mainly Ureweras, Ahimanawas, Kiamanawas in that order.  Lucky to live in Taupo with hunting at the back door which helps.

"The universe and human stupidity are the only two things that are infinite; and I am unsure about the first" Albert Einstien
YouTube  
IP Logged

Ants
Ex Member

Reply #20 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Was antsinlondon on the old forum, but been back in NZ for 2 years and 2 days (not that I'm counting!), so just plain Antsnow.

Living in St Heliers in Dorkland now, but still support the Crusaders, after spending 8 years in Chch. Currently working for local government, but looking at moving back into IT training starting up in visual comms.

Still learning new stuff all the time, after doing a fair bit of shooting .22s and airguns when a youngster. Involved with the NZDA at local committee level, done a few hunts with some of the boys from the old forum, all good sorts!

Always up for hunts with new faces.

IP Logged

mongrel
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
Mongrel
Just a nickname that stuck, usually Michael and derivatives taken on forums.

Came across the forum two days ago. Posted once before this site was set up.

Grew up on a sheep and cropping farm from the SE of SA. Hunting mostly foxes with drives, and spotlighting. Had a few semi professional fox shooters tuck me under their wings. Caught the deer bug of them. Hunt fallow and red in SA. Shot a sambar spikey in the vic alps.  I hunt for the enjoyment of hunting and the meat rewards. Although I have been told you grow out of that Undecided

Have a PhD in seafood. Chasing up a few leads for jobs on the Sth Island. Reckon my 280 and pump shotty would love a change of scenery.

Look forward to meeting you, and possibly sharing a hunt sometime.

IP Logged

blackeyed1
Forum Font

Nothing But Head

Reply #22 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Blackeyed1,very new name for myself,something to do with talking when I should have been listening last weekend.
Cut my teeth pig hunting in the Nelson area before I grew out of that and begain real hunting(ouch,feel another blackeye coming up) chasing Reds,Whitetail deer,chamios and my favorite Tahr after moving further south to Wanaka.
My Leicas and my A-bolt 7mm08 are my most treasured possessions
When Im not hunting Im downhill mountainbiking or getting over the coast for a fish,groper/hapuka or a snapper back in Nelson being my favs
Also so a member of our local NZDA

Long Range Hunter, Close Range Shooter

IP Logged

Smeagle
Ex Member

Reply #23 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 12:38am
Print Post  
Gidday lads, just popped in, one of your blokes gave me the addy from a UK forum, which is a bit odd as I am in South Australia.

Looks to be a great site. Hope to learn and contribute where I can.

IP Logged

dogboy900
Forum Font

Reply #24 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 7:11am
Print Post  
Names William, live in Wellington, do a little bowhunting, taken bunnies and goats, but hoping for a deer or pig sometime soon.
Dont get out much but hoping to change that soon and put some effort into getting some bigger game.
Chose Dogboy because of my furry little children an english bulldog, and an american bulldog.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

IP Logged

kaweka_killer
Forum Font

Reply #25 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 7:23am
Print Post  
I'm James I live in hastings i've shot a few deer now thanks to the fourm.
I'm still the same KK from the other fourm.

Pack, Dog and Rifle

IP Logged

Tommo
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 7:42am
Print Post  
Name's Tom, live in CHCH with wifey and two young lads. I'm a reporter with TVNZ. Primary hunting targets are Tahr and Chamois .. but Reds as well .. and travel as far as Fiordland and Marlborough to hunt all species. Fantastic forum. ONYA !! Smiley

IP Logged

mickey

mmmmmm beeeeeeeeeeeeer

Reply #27 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 7:45am
Print Post  
names mike, live in porirua and employed in the telecom industry.used to be 280 on other forum. like to hunt reds when i can which isn't often enough.

IP Logged

Cougar

Reply #28 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 7:54am
Print Post  
Mike here from napier in the Hawkes Bay enjoy hunting,fishing and diving usually doing one or the other most weekends.Hoping to learn more from the imfo shared at this site as well as make some new mates along the way.

Beer is cheaper than petrol.Drink don't drive

IP Logged

Mike
Donor Member

Sub_moa here
Reply #29 - Nov 10th, 2006 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Im Mike from Christchurch, Im in my last year of school. I hunt goats, pigs and deer. I am seeking to shoot a tahr and a chamois before I move up to central north island next year.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 111
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards