Fishnhunt New Zealands main hunting and Fishing Forum. millions of posts on fishing and hunting, dogs, 4x4 vehicles, outdoors and much more Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 111 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 100 Replies) Introduce Yourselves Fellas (Read 287820 times)
gimp
Forum Font

Stay frosty

Introduce Yourselves Fellas
Nov 9th, 2006 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Looks like we've picked up a few new members in the shift, or old members with new names... 
Tell us a bit about yourselves guys, don't be shy

Me, the name's Pete, I'm a student at Otago university, studying Geology (sort of), live in Invervegas when I'm not out burning couches. I've been shooting since I was 10, mainly rabbits and the like, I got a few deer a couple of years ago then didn't get out for reasons unexplained. Got back into it this year, no deer lately but I just shot my first tahr 2 days ago. This place has been great, I've learned a heap about hunting and shooting from here, and met some great guys too.
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2006 at 9:08pm by gimp »  

IP Logged

Ernie
Donor Member

Bugger. never trust your
safety catch

Re: Introduce Yourselves Fellas
Reply #1 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Nicknames Ernie so I use that for my log on. Shoot anything legal with .22, .25-06, 12g and airgun. Live in N.E. UK but emigrating to Dunedin area early next year. This is definately the best forum there is, been made very welcome by all on the boards. Smiley

GTalk  
IP Logged

Oscar
Donor Member

Let Us Prey

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Live in Oamaru, work in South Canterbury, North, East and Central Otago and also occaisonally in the lower part of the West Coast.

Been hunting since I was about 7,  and prefer to hunt tahr especially, but pigs and deer are more often the target, due to handiness.

Oscar is my lab, and 128 is my street address - signed on to something in the past that had more than one Oscar, so needed a number at the end.

.308 and .243 Sakos, Benelli M1 Super 90 12g, plus a few odds and ends.

Not hunting quite as much at the moment, so this site gives me a fix!  Smiley

Herbs before herbivores

Not all those who wander are lost

IP Logged

Spiker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
I live near  Whakatane on a small deer farm of approx 300 head. Self employed mowing contractor to pay the bills. Married with 2 now adult step sons who live in the USA. Not much of a hunter these days apart from bunny blasting around home. Main interests are range shooting and I'm the secretary of the local pistol & rifle range at Awakeri.

IP Logged

Pighunter Al
Donor Member

I Love The FishNhunt Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
My name is Allen,live just out of Hamilton and a mad keen pig hunter,always seem to have 5 or 6 dogs hanging around home,hunt mostly around the waikato and east coast areas,always learning new things and always enjoy a walk in the hills.I manage a stockfeed company to pay the bills and buy dog food....

IP Logged

munster
Forum Font

Do I feel lucky? . . .
. Well do ya Punk!

Reply #5 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
My name is Aaron, I live in Pukekohe and it's been 6 days since I shot a Firearm . . . . I'm so ashamed.

OK, sriously then, I've 3 kids that all love coming shooting. Wife doesn't like it, but appreciates my hobby and doesn't stop me or the kids.

Bunnies, Possums & Turkeys - I have no problems with

Goats - on accasion

Deer - Alan's quote is soooooooooo appropriate

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin
IP Logged

Camelot Kid
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Used to be West Coaster in the old forum, but my career is taking me off the coast early next year, so thought I'd better change the log in.  Can't be a Coaster if you don't live there!

Spent some time in the Camelot River area of Fiordland...it became my knickname among a few hunting friends. 

Perfer Tahr and high country hunting to bush bashing -> love the hard climbs! 
Am training a GWP.

IP Logged

wildmann
Forum Font

What?

Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
Wildmann, aka Dean. I am also a student at Otago Uni... So apart form burning couchs and rioting I do find time to hunt; its coming up to my 1 year anniversery for my first deer... nov 26 2005... shot 6 more since then Grin.

IP Logged

nobodys hero

Reply #8 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
scott ....from pukekohe run a panel shop so its hard getting time off to hunt lucky if i get away twice a year ....why cant everyone stop crashing their cars during good huntin conditions is that too much to ask

no such word as can't just havn't figured out how yet
YouTube  
IP Logged

MUZ
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
most of you fella's  know me.Muz aka Murray Im Mad And Mad keen on hunting Smiley.I hunt most stuff except Ducks

IP Logged

Duck Gunner
Global Forum Guide

www.FishNhunt.co.nz

Reply #10 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Andrew, from Patumahoe, I run a small computer/Consultancy business.

I Mainly hunt Rabbits, Possums and Ducks, but hoping to add goats and deer to that.

IP Logged

MountainMan
Forum Senior

Reply #11 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
My name's Jamie; Originally from Mt Maunganui. I have been living in Canterbury for the last 5years, still studying at Varsity and enjoying the felxibility for hunting related expiditions Grin I mainly hunt red deer, and chamois, but shoot the odd pig, and chase the odd tahr. I think we're lucky to have such vast areas of public land to hunt - so may as well cover as much of it as poss/ The name mountainman comes my personal hunting website www.mountainman.co.nz that is truly where I feel most at home

Hunting isn't just a Hobby, it's a Lifestyle. www.mountainman.co.nz
IP Logged

HQ
Forum Senior

Boom Boom!

Reply #12 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
My names Aidan...aka...HQRacer....

Very new to the hunting scene - large game at least.

Live in Wellington, work in corporate IT.  Race a HQ Holden in my spare time (did I see a panelbeater on the list above??  Grin ) and in my other spare time currently eradicating bunnies and other small games from friends and families farms.

This site is awesome...a wealth of information and cool people.

IP Logged

Squeak
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
squeak, a.k.a. Tom/ bail/ baker boi

former member of welly bands:
angel tree
profane
traces of decay
2ic
ten k in a t bird
and last but not least
industrial angels

mad keen on hunting and fishing but my coming kiddie (jan 23rd) will put a damper on that,
only own an air rifle (.177)
but i'm an aspiriing hunting/ fishing store/ importer owner

have yet to shot an animal with meat on it,
but dec in ranfurly will change that, i hope

cheers Squeak

IP Logged

Walker
Donor Member

Yum T-rex

Reply #14 - Nov 9th, 2006 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Hi Ian here, Chose Walker because I've got to walk every where now, can't afford the kero taxi!! Run the AudioVisuals at The War Memorial Museum, Have been shooting since 5years old, when I'm not rebuilding bikes, I'm a hobby 'smith. Get out when I can mostly to range as thats all the time I've got at the moment.

Just do it

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 111
Send TopicPrint

FishnHunt - New Zealands Famous Hunting and Fishing Forum Since 1995 » Powered by YaBB 2.6.11!
YaBB Forum Software © 2000-2018. All Rights Reserved.
Site Design By Alan Simmons - PRism and all rights are reserved from 1995 and onwards